• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    holy crap. actually got put inside a cell. and for a t-shirt? is this for real?

agreed, this is worth keeping an eye on.

bwalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    N/W Houston
    That is pretty amazing. I thought that West Virginia was a fairly gun friendly state. For an 8th grader to get jailed for using a T-shirt to exercise his First amendment right to speak out on his Second amendment right is outrageous. Sounds like no school dress code was broken either. What's happening with this country?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    He was arrested for creating a disturbance, not 'cause of the shirt. Come on y'all, sometimes you gotta use common sense. Why would you wear a gun anything shirt to school. Regardless of specified policy, in this or any political climate, teachers are just made wary of the kids and for good reason. Heck, back when I was in high school, one of my friends wore a Butthole Surfers shirt to school (don't ask, they were popular at the time) and the Vice Principal sent his silly arse home to go change. And this was like '96 or '97 back before 9/11 and policies weren't so strict in schools.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    I remember hearing an audio recording of Eric Holder talking to some group about guns. In it, he talked about having to start at the school level and brainwash, er, I mean educate kids regarding guns. So supension for a pop tart gun, or picture of a gun, or pointing a finger, or t-shirt, or (fill in the blank) to traumatize the kid sure sounds like brainwashing, er, I mean educating the kids about guns.

bwalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    N/W Houston
    So you're saying that wearing an NRA T-shirt that shows a rifle and the slogan "protect your right" is considered creating a disturbance? Our Second Amendment thanks you for your support. NOT. The kids went through about five other classes and had no problem until that teacher started creating a disturbance.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    My niece was asked to change out of a shirt she wore to school that had a gun on it. Could not make the officials at her school understand that she was on the flag and rifle team, and had bought the shirt from the school band!! (Yeah, they sold her a shirt that they did not like her wearing.)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    He was arrested for creating a disturbance, not 'cause of the shirt. Come on y'all, sometimes you gotta use common sense. Why would you wear a gun anything shirt to school. Regardless of specified policy, in this or any political climate, teachers are just made wary of the kids and for good reason. Heck, back when I was in high school, one of my friends wore a Butthole Surfers shirt to school (don't ask, they were popular at the time) and the Vice Principal sent his silly arse home to go change. And this was like '96 or '97 back before 9/11 and policies weren't so strict in schools.

That's the exact attitude that weakens our rights. Be afraid to wear a shirt with a firearm on it or the NRA on it, because some people aren't going to like it. Hide our guns so people don't see them in public when they are perfectly legal. Go along with the any symbolism of a firearm is a bad thing - because....firearms are bad.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    No, continuously arguing with the teacher and then the cops. Are you guys not reading the articles? :confused: We're talking gun stuff IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL in 2013 here. Maybe you guys have a different perspective than I do. When you grow up brown in the South, you don't pitch a fit with authority over every slight or wrong. You learn to pick your battles 'cause trust me when I say the cops are NOT gonna put up with it for very long, if at all. Just do as the teacher says, then go with your parent to the principal or even the school board if you have to.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    My niece was asked to change out of a shirt she wore to school that had a gun on it. Could not make the officials at her school understand that she was on the flag and rifle team, and had bought the shirt from the school band!! (Yeah, they sold her a shirt that they did not like her wearing.)

Alright, now that right there is downright silly!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    No, continuously arguing with the teacher and then the cops. Are you guys not reading the articles? :confused: We're talking gun stuff IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL in 2013 here. Maybe you guys have a different perspective than I do. When you grow up brown in the South, you don't pitch a fit with authority over every slight or wrong. You learn to pick your battles 'cause trust me when I say the cops are NOT gonna put up with it for very long, if at all. Just do as the teacher says, then go with your parent to the principal or even the school board if you have to.

The arguing with teacbers wasnt my point of disagreement with you. In your first post, you implied it was.silly to wear the shirt to school.
    This is what I disagree with.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

The only person creating a disturbance was the teacher.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    He was arrested for creating a disturbance, not 'cause of the shirt.

It amazes me any educated adult would fall for this Commie-style crap, let alone defend it. This is political persecution pure and simple.

Come on y'all, sometimes you gotta use common sense. Why would you wear a gun anything shirt to school.

Yeah. Keep your head down, shut your mouth, march lockstep and don't rock the boat. Especially if you have a right to. That's some "Common sense" our founders would be so proud of.

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And on what do you base that?

Some of you guys just complain to complain. We don't know the entire story.

From the article, it would appear that the only person bothered by the t-shirt was the teacher. From what I've read, there was no violation of the school's dress code. If the teacher hadn't reacted the way they did, this story would've never been published because it would've never happened.

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    wear the shirt its not like the cops can forcefully take off your shirt but i did read another arcticle that he was arguing with the officer correct me if im wrong.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Do you guys staple those tin foil hats to your heads or just glue 'em down? I guess none of y'all have gone to public schools in the last 20 years, either.

The arguing with teacbers wasnt my point of disagreement with you. In your first post, you implied it was.silly to wear the shirt to school.
    This is what I disagree with.

I'll do more than imply it, I outright state that right now and stand by that notion. Kid should use better discretion. Look, this isn't a perfect world, we've all got to live in it and sometimes you have to work with people over you that you disagree with. If your boss has you doing some work that you disagree with, do you argue until you're fired with him/her, too?

wear the shirt its not like the cops can forcefully take off your shirt but i did read another arcticle that he was arguing with the officer correct me if im wrong.

I'd read that as well from another source.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    And before someone accuses me of something I'm not (which has happened aplenty before on this site since it seems to consist chiefly of one demographic of society with pretty much uniform opinions), I am a card-carry member of the NRA, as well.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You justify your defense of an abusive bureaucracy by stating you pay other people to fight your political battles for you. You come across as a political wuss-puss who doesn't have the guts to even wear a t-shirt that might offend some lilly-white milquetoast, let alone stand up for his beliefs.

Err on the side of caution all you want, and know it comes at the price of freedom, honesty, and glory. I'm glad I have the guts to wear gun t-shirts to college of all places. I'd hate myself otherwise. I can't believe we live in a society where wearing a freaking image of an inanimate object makes one a rebel. I thought our society was supposed to be far more enlightened than that.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    You justify your defense of an abusive bureaucracy by stating you pay other people to fight your political battles for you. You come across as a political wuss-puss who doesn't have the guts to even wear a t-shirt that might offend some lilly-white milquetoast, let alone stand up for his beliefs.

Err on the side of caution all you want, and know it comes at the price of freedom, honesty, and glory. I'm glad I have the guts to wear gun t-shirts to college of all places. I'd hate myself otherwise. I can't believe we live in a society where wearing a freaking image of an inanimate object makes one a rebel. I thought our society was supposed to be far more enlightened than that.

Because calling names is true enlightenment. Duh.

Top Bottom