• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    And before someone accuses me of something I'm not (which has happened aplenty before on this site since it seems to consist chiefly of one demographic of society with pretty much uniform opinions), I am a card-carry member of the NRA, as well.

It happens because you're opinion is so completely screwed up with respect to those who value the 2nd Amendment. Having a picture of a gun on a shirt has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with school violence - unless you happen to be one of Obama's Koolaid Suckers.

The kid's shirt was about defending a Constitutional right. That is something the school SHOULD BE TEACHING THE KIDS! He stood up for his right to free speech and the school called the cops on him. NO WAY is that right!!

When I was in jr. high, a black kid came to school with a button that said, "I'm Black and I'm Proud." There were teachers that gave him no end of shit about that and some threatened to throw him out of class. I stood up for him and was chewed out by my father, who happened to be a school teacher, because the bigoted teachers went to him and complained about me. I told him that he always told me to stand up for what's right and to value the Bill of Rights. Yeah, it made some teachers mad, but that didn't change the fact that I was right. My dad couldn't argue with that so he backed down and told any teachers that complained after that to take it up with me.

What the kid in WV did was no different.

You want spend your life trying to appease the liberals? Fine. Just don't expect any support from here.

BTW, anybody can join the NRA. Having the guts to stand up for what they represent is entirely different.
    Gun Zone Deals

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    So be it. I'm perfectly comfortable supporting 2nd Amendment rights while preserving my own. Can't do much when I'm sitting in jail and a judge holds up those charges. Think about that how that affects the kid's prospects for college and whatever else may lay ahead in the future. Certain situations call for thinking ahead and seeing beyond the end of your nose at the direct consequences of your actions. Had to learn that from hard experience. Like i said, he could have fought the injustice while avoiding jail. On the other hand, if you feel your ideals are worth any personal sacrifice, by all means wear an NRA shirt depicting a firearm to a public middle school proudly. That is your right as an American.

I know being a moderate realist isn't popular with some around here judging by some of the flak, warranted or not, that txinvestigator gets. I get that and accept it. I don't "expect any support from here"-- again with that exclusionary talk-- because I am a grown adult and intelligent enough to defend myself without needing a mob to back me up.

I'll take that tin foil hat comment back, btw, it wasn't appropriate and I apologize. I can recognize hypocrisy on my part. And to paraphrase what Forest Gump so eloquently stated, that's all I got to say about that.

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    This looks interesting. I am very much convinced now that we are going towards liberty, yes. With each push and each suppression more and more population is starting to realize whats happening and by God I see a revolution in near future.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    This looks interesting. I am very much convinced now that we are going towards liberty, yes. With each push and each suppression more and more population is starting to realize whats happening and by God I see a revolution in near future.

I agree, more people are starting to open their eyes

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    It happens because you're opinion is so completely screwed up with respect to those who value the 2nd Amendment. Having a picture of a gun on a shirt has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with school violence - unless you happen to be one of Obama's Koolaid Suckers.

The kid's shirt was about defending a Constitutional right. That is something the school SHOULD BE TEACHING THE KIDS! He stood up for his right to free speech and the school called the cops on him. NO WAY is that right!!

When I was in jr. high, a black kid came to school with a button that said, "I'm Black and I'm Proud." There were teachers that gave him no end of shit about that and some threatened to throw him out of class. I stood up for him and was chewed out by my father, who happened to be a school teacher, because the bigoted teachers went to him and complained about me. I told him that he always told me to stand up for what's right and to value the Bill of Rights. Yeah, it made some teachers mad, but that didn't change the fact that I was right. My dad couldn't argue with that so he backed down and told any teachers that complained after that to take it up with me.

What the kid in WV did was no different.

You want spend your life trying to appease the liberals? Fine. Just don't expect any support from here.

BTW, anybody can join the NRA. Having the guts to stand up for what they represent is entirely different.

Amazing you of all people stood up for freedom of speech. Interesting.

Top Bottom