WWII Vet Dies Without Family or Friends ...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
I'm proud of our neighbors across the pond.
That's a proper send off.

I know a WWII Veteran in pretty much the same situation.
When he passes, I'm hoping for a similar showing.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
I'm proud of our neighbors across the pond.
That's a proper send off.

I know a WWII Veteran in pretty much the same situation.
When he passes, I'm hoping for a similar showing.
Give me the word and I'll do my best to make it, even if I have to be "sick" that day from work.

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
Give me the word and I'll do my best to make it, even if I have to be "sick" that day from work.
That's an 8 hour drive. If you're serious, I'll let you know.
He's the one that broke my heart last year. The Hero flight to DC was set up to take off from Abilene.
A couple of us offered to pick him up the morning of departure and take him to the airport. He refused, said he could handle it.
He overslept and missed the whole trip. It hurt me almost as much as him.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
That's an 8 hour drive. If you're serious, I'll let you know.
He's the one that broke my heart last year. The Hero flight to DC was set up to take off from Abilene.
A couple of us offered to pick him up the morning of departure and take him to the airport. He refused, said he could handle it.
He overslept and missed the whole trip. It hurt me almost as much as him.
Wow - that's horrible. From what I've heard, that means so much to them. They come back to hero's welcome's - well deserved - on both ends of the flight. My dad served in the Navy - right in between WWII and Korea - some of the stories he has from deploying on a destroyer are very entertaining. He said that people were always trying to steal food off of someone else's plate, who would subsequently get stabbed in the back of their hand with a fork. He's 83, sharp as a tack, and I can't wait him to be at our house for Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom