• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Alright y’all, let me preface this by saying I used the search function and found other people have had this issue.

I experienced it today at the range, just wouldn’t lock back after the last round was fired. I shoot left handed so I know I’m not riding the stop. My question is, is there any way to fix this without send it back to SA. I don’t want to pay shipping, don’t want to be without a gun and don’t want to wait for the turn around time. My magazines have an unknown number of rounds thru them. By me alone I’d say 1100 a piece between 2 mags. The followers look good and the mags when compared to factory are identical except for superficial scratches.

My questions are as follows:

1.) will stretching the spring in the mag do damage to the mag or affect how the gun feeds ammo? This should fix the lock back issue
    2.) has SA ever produced a bad batch of mags that they know of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Center on the slide lock. Don't stretch mag springs.

Take it completely off the frame and inspect it. Inspect the notch in the slide. There's only two parts suspect. The slide release and the slide. The mag spring keeps upwards pressure of the rounds against the slide and the mag follower when empty. Which is important but it's not that sensitive of a part.

Pointman91

Will work for gun food
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Jacksonville Texas
    need more info. Does this problem happens with both mags ? Does the slide lock back on an empty magazine when manually racking it ? Also what type of ammo are you shooting ? Im confusedwhen you mention compairing your mags to factory mags ?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Assuming your catch and slide are not abnormally worn, order a new mag or new spring and fallower.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    need more info. Does this problem happens with both mags ? Does the slide lock back on an empty magazine when manually racking it ? Also what type of ammo are you shooting ? Im confusedwhen you mention compairing your mags to factory mags ?

It does not lock on an empty mag when I rack it. Remington UMC, Winch WB, sellior and bellot or however you spell it. All brass cased. I’m talking condition wise when I compare brand new to my mags. Nothing seems abnormally worn, warped, chewed up or anything

Pointman91

Will work for gun food
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Jacksonville Texas
    I think you have narrowed it down to the gun itself. I don't have a XD anymore so can't look at one but most pistols work the same way with a stepdown on the magazine follower that contacts the slide release when there no rounds in the magazine. You should be able to observe the interaction of these parts by inserting an empty mag and manually pulling the slide back while looking through the ejection port under a strong light to see what is NOT happening and then determine if it's the slide stop or magazines causing the problem .

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I just had a Walther P22 that the slide catch wouldn't catch the slide on the last round. Looked down & seen the slide notch was worn where it should catch.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Upon inspection the lock in self and parts inside seem to be functioning as they should. I hand cycled 10 rounds without any feeding issues

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Upon inspection the lock in self and parts inside seem to be functioning as they should. I hand cycled 10 rounds without any feeding issues

You need to cycle the slide on an empty mag and watch what it’s doing.

You can manually lock the slide back, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then cycle it on an empty mag as others described. Also make sure the slide lock isn’t binding or stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Fixed it! There was so much powder and grease and grit on the follower that it wouldn’t get all the way to the top to engage the lock

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    You should probably clean your guns at least once a year, lol...

Clean it every time I shoot cam! Usually field strip only with the Normal parts on the slide, recoil springs and barrel. It’s clean as a whistle now. Going to have to pay attention to the internals more, just really hard to get to

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Clean it every time I shoot cam! Usually field strip only with the Normal parts on the slide, recoil springs and barrel. It’s clean as a whistle now. Going to have to pay attention to the internals more, just really hard to get to

Well, you know I had to say it, lol.

After Moonpie, I'm the TGTs number 2 jerk.

ETA: NO OOC.

Top Bottom