• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You can get a good review from nutnfancy.

I'd say that gun was a tad large for concealed carry for me, personally. But a great gun otherwise from the looks of it.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I love mine, I very rarely carry it because I have others I prefer to CC, but it can be done. The adjustable grip is really nice to get a very comfortable grip with. It shoots really well, and I (personally) haven't had any FTF's or FTE's after approx 3 or 4 hundred rds. The poly holster that comes in the package I don't really care for, and the speed loader is okay (I prefer my new uplula), and the double mag holder works well.
    XD40SC007.jpg

007.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have an XDm9, & it is a great gun, but large for carry purposes.

If you want a good .40 to carry, look at a Glock 23, or even a 27.

JMATT199

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Magnolia,tx
    I have the XDm 40 and XD9sc. The 40 is too big and heavy. Great gun! But not for CCW.

Check out the NEW XDm9 3.8. Very nice carry. They have not released the 40 yet as far as I know.

Check out the Glocks and Sigs.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    XDms are great guns, but as pointed out they are a bit large for CCW. Also if you are going to put that much money out for a pistol, maybe consider a 9mm. The ammo is half and then some that of 40SW and you can get good SD rounds that match 40SW power and expand to almost 50 caliber diameters.
    Just a thought.

Some info on 9mm. http://firearmsforumcoali.motionsfo...question-on-9mm-is-it-enough-for-ccw-t121.htm

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    Yep, the XDm 40 is a great gun, I'm wearing one right now but it a little too big for CCW haven't tried it though. I just picked up a XDm 3.8 9mm and thought I would just use it for shooting but after realizing it is basically the same size as my Kimber Pro Carry I might use it for CCW as well. Overall though, I expect to stick with my XD9sc just for the size.
    1.gif

Top Bottom