• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I just recently put an Apex DCAEK trigger kit on my M&P 45c. Liked it so much that I now want to freshen up my XDm 3.8 Compact 40S&W. The two main choices are Powder River Precision and Springer Precision. I've done my research on both, and understand the differences in the kits. I am not concerned with minor fitting. I am actually leaning towards the Springer Kit, but I'm looking for real world experience here. Anybody have any?
    ARJ Defense ad

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I have run a precision trigger for a while. I like it. It was the gun smith fit one. When I first made it work it was great, the first time it was real cold out the trigger wouldn't reset because my final tolerances were too close. Took another couple thousandths off the trigger bar and it was gtg. I sometimes see .16 and .17 splits

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I have run a precision trigger for a while. I like it. It was the gun smith fit one. When I first made it work it was great, the first time it was real cold out the trigger wouldn't reset because my final tolerances were too close. Took another couple thousandths off the trigger bar and it was gtg. I sometimes see .16 and .17 splits

Powder River Precision or Springer Precision? I'm assuming springer since it involves the trigger bar...

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I was quoting lepers post...lol! I did read your link though...I will definitely not try to get the over travel to zero...and will probably do the freezer test!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bptactical

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    CO
    PRP items seem to fit up a bit better and I like the end result a bit better than SP.

Wryknow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Austin
    Just got a PRP ultimate installed on my XDM last week. I decided to have Blackjack gunsmith in Jollyville do the installation for me. It came out fantastic. I ran 250 or so rounds of Wolf and Win primers like a champ. My trigger control is less than great so this made a huge difference

on my accuracy. Looking forward to trying it out at an IDPA match!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom