Gun Zone Deals

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    25mm air-bursting grenades? Heck yes!

You can fire a grenade through a window and have it go off in the middle of a room. If someone is behind a ridge, you can have the grenade burst 3 feet beyond the ridge line. There's no hiding from this, you just die.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I remember seeing the XM-8's and all there variants in 2004 at a military career fair. Looked interesting but nothing ever came of them.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The XM8 didn't offer anything that the M16 and M4 didn't already deliver. That's also the reason why the SCAR-L was recently dropped.

The worst part about the XM8 (which is pretty much just a G36 with a "body kit" on it)? That it didn't use standard accessories, and we'd have been tied to H&K ("We hate you. And you suck.") for them!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    I was pretty good with a m203, and could get a round through a window nearly every time at 150m.

But with this the computer does the ballistics for you. You could put it through a window easily at half a click. Only you don't even need the window - because you can just program the round to penetrate a wall and then explode.

Talk about surgical...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was pretty good with a m203, and could get a round through a window nearly every time at 150m.

But with this the computer does the ballistics for you. You could put it through a window easily at half a click. Only you don't even need the window - because you can just program the round to penetrate a wall and then explode.

Talk about surgical...

Plus the 40mm from the 203 would explode on the floor or wall the the back of the room. Not quite optimal. Having the grenade airburst in the middle of the room (or just inside the window, which is where a shooter likely is going to be found) is going to be more effective.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hmm, I'm also hearing that this thing has thermobaric grenades available. That's just a whole other level!

yeah these have been around for a while i remember reading an article about them or seeing a tv spot about it or somehtign a while back.

down right scary!

and sage Fuel-Air-Bomb grenades?

for serious?

**** i hope im never up against this gun... and yes, i mean the gun, at this point the soldier is just a mobility system for the gun, and the gun does the fighting.

holy balls.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "That's how intuitively easy it is, even though it's high-tech," Lehner said. "All a soldier needs to know how to do is laze the target. It decimates anything within its lethal radius."

so if there were say ten guys in the 'lethal radius' it would only kill one of them?

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I would rather see them spend the money on fuel to keep a ah-64 above our boys heads at all times over there with FLIR and 30mm to rain down on those fuckers than have a gun that cost 35k to pull the trigger. If they know exactly where a guy is at 1000+ yards a way just drop a bomb on his ass.. I know this comment isn't helpful I am just getting sick about the casualties coming out of Afghanistan recently. Our guys are getting chewed up over there. Speaking of that here is a great short read about one of my friends units 3/5. Sangin, the Fallujah of Afghanistan, and what it means to your Marines - By Tom Ricks | The Best Defense

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Its not likely to used against us if captured. Where are they going to get microchip ammo? Although I am sure they already thought of this, what if the enemy has an EMP device that frys the electronics in flight. If it is like the South Korean weapon, it will detonate on impact if the rifle runs out of batteries for the ballistic computer/fuse setter.

South Korean K11 Airburst rifle

It appears that both will be deployed to Afgan for "Combat testing". the K11 also has a 5.56 rifle built in, just in case....

Attachments

• k11.jpg
      k11.jpg
      15 KB · Views: 127
    Top Bottom