Venture Surplus ad

Yee Haw! Record Gun Checks, Sales for Christmas!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Good news (kinda)....

Record gun checks, sales for Christmas

Along with millions of Kindles, Angry Birds and gift cards, Santa left a record number of guns under Americans' Christmas trees, especially in Kentucky, according to FBI statistics on background checks.

In the six days before Christmas, gun dealers submitted nearly half-a-million names for checks on criminal records and mental health issues, with 20% coming Dec. 23, according to news reports. That was the second-busiest gun-buying day in history, topped only by firearm purchases on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, The London Telegraph says.

Final tallies for the entire month haven't been released, but December gun purchases will eclipse November. As of last week, 1,534,414 names had been sent to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, The New York Times reported in an editorial. About 1% of buyers are typically rejected, the paper said. (Full article at link)
    Venture Surplus ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I would think that the chl holders would be a small percent. Most chl holders that I know are already gun and ammo hoarders. I know when I actually have a job I buy or build 2-3 guns a month depending on the deals I run across and I actually skip Christmas unless I find a badass deal.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I would think that CHLers would be a big number. Obviously they are big users of gun, so when the deals happen they act fast. Whereas others might think about it.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    keeping it vague so it don't get locked down, I think there's plenty of people feeling the same as you.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    How soon we forget what happened in the weeks and months after Obama was nominated, then elected.

There were no guns or ammo on the shelves.

Reloading supplies (powder, primers, brass, and projectiles) dried up.

It took more than a year for AR-15 prices to normalize to Before-Obama levels (much less return to BFO availability). AK prices never dropped to BFO levels.

Ammo? It took Wal-Mart more than 18 months to restock their ammo shelves, and even resorted to buying off-shore to supply the demand.

The buying spree before Christmas '11 has nothing on the panic of '08/'09.

Be well.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    A lot of big name places still run a nics check regardless of chl. When I bought my 1911 at cabelas I handed them my chl and they handed it right back to me and said it's store policy that a customer had to have a nics check if buying a firearm. That was a year or two ago it may have changed.

Top Bottom