• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Too big to fail? Yellow shuts down. This will make a big impact.

Maybe the Secretary of Transportation Beto will be able to do something as soon as he's done chestfeeding the twins.
    Lynx Defense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not many people with know this, but Yellow got $700M in federal COVID loans that it didn’t qualify for without a SecTreas waiver.

Treasury got a 30% ownership stake in Yellow as part of the loan agreement.

Last edited:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Not many people with know this, but Yellow got $700M in federal COVID loans that it didn’t qualify for without a SecTreas waiver.

Treasury got a 30% ownership stake in Yellow as part of the loan agreement.

I knew about the loan money but not the ownership. Arfcom has been discussing this for a week or so.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I watched an interview with Mark Rourke a little over a year ago. He is the CEO of Schneider Trucking. This was about the time CNN and the other libtard news outlets were predicting a massive shortage of tank trucks and qualified drivers. He said that it was all hype, and fear mongering. I bet he is licking his chops right now.

Funny part was when they introduced him the interviewer said, " I would like to introduce Mark Rourke, the CEO of the 3rd largest trucking and transportation logistics company in the US". The camara was on Mark's face, you would have thought he was smelling a dead rat. I guess being introduced as the 3rd was not to his liking. I wonder how he will handle being called number 2.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Central Freight Lines, for over 60 years the largest Texas based trucking company, passed into oblivion about 2 years ago. Estes bought the scraps. The Trucking Industry is littered with the dead and dying. The Motor Carrier Act of 1980 ( deregulation), The MCS90, and the Teamsters, have kept profit margins in check. In check equates to slim, for all but the most creative and agile.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    One could have made some nice pocket change with it on Friday. It shares were down to .44 cents and shot back up to $1.70 or so yesterday. It's still sitting at around $1.50.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1690993044661.png

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    One could have made some nice pocket change with it on Friday. It shares were down to .44 cents and shot back up to $1.70 or so yesterday. It's still sitting at around $1.50.
    You missed your chance again, they are up over $3 now, because Apollo Global Management Inc is bailing them out.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Apollo Global Management Inc is bailing them out. But union is suing due to 'non-announced' shut down - like we've known about it for months. More union schennigans.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Apollo has deep pockets and has no problems investing in companies, but if they don't become profitable, they'll be broken up and sold off.

Top Bottom