• SublimeZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Austin
    Not all hollywood folks are hypocrits

Bruce Willis: Don't infringe on Second Amendment - WTOP.com

Wednesday - 2/6/2013, 12:34pm ET
    In this picture made available Tuesday Feb. 5, 2013, US actor Bruce Willis , arrives for the premiere of the movie 'A Good Day to Die Hard' in Berlin, Germany, Monday Feb. 4, 2013. (AP Photo/dpa, Britta Pedersen)

RYAN PEARSON
    AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bruce Willis says he's against new gun control laws that could infringe on Second Amendment rights. The "Die Hard" star also dismisses any link between Hollywood shootouts and real-life gun violence.
    "I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone," Willis told The Associated Press in a recent interview while promoting his latest film, "A Good Day To Die Hard." ''If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?"
    Willis' fifth outing as wise-cracking cop John McClane, due in theaters Feb. 14, comes as his action franchise marks its 25th anniversary. The 57-year-old actor will also be seen firing away at bad guys in the upcoming sequels "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Red 2," both due later this year.
    But he believes "the real topic is diminished" when observers link Hollywood entertainment with high-profile mass shootings like those last year in Connecticut and Colorado.
    "No one commits a crime because they saw a film. There's nothing to support that," Willis said. "We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."
    Willis added that he doesn't see how additional legislation could prevent future mass shootings.
    "It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."

___
    Capitol Armory ad

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I always liked Bruce Willis. But unlike many other hollywood celebrities I've admired for most of my life, Bruce Willis still has my respect.

And I read some libtard (or maybe not a libtard, but one of those "conservative" gun owners who feel like they need to voluntarily accept some of the blame and agree with the radical left just to "compromise" so to speak. **** that if every damn thing they say is wrong, then I'm going to disagree with every damn thing they say. If they don't like it then they should stop talking nonsense, because till then I'll call BS when I see it). Sorry got off track

But this guy said, "Who is Bruce Willis to try and openly advocate for the 2nd Amendment, people like him with his Hollywood movies glamorizing gun violence are a sign of EXACTLY what is wrong with this country".

I agree that the entertainment industry is in part to blame for the culture of violence in this country, and I believe that in some ways, the entertainment industry influences people to commit acts of violence by either justifying it, glamorizing it, or just outright ENCOURAGING it.

But it's not the movie industry, it's not video games, it's this "gangsta rap" bullshit.

Yeah, I know we have a 1st Amendment and it is anyone's right to say and/or listen to whatever they want. But let's take the example of rapper and convicted murderer, C-Murder.

Here we have a guy who's already done time for MURDER, gets out of jail (there's the first problem right there, he should have died in prison on that first murder charge), to become a famous rapper named C-MURDER, who raps about nothing but dealing drugs, disgracing women, and MURDERING people and brags repeatedly about how his city (New Orleans) is the murder capital of the USA (at the time it was). Now, entertainment is entertainment, but when they are glamorizing it and the fact that they are rapping about crimes they've ACTUALLY committed, or that actually happen on a daily basis, in a way that makes it seem like "the thing to do" for inner city youth, there's a definite connection between it and gang-type violence.

Well, guess where Mr. MURDER is right now....serving a life sentence for, you guessed it, MURDER. He shot and killed a 16 year old kid in Baton Rouge cause the kid was "talkin' shit".

So yeah, I'll say the entertainment industry is partly to blame, but only those CRIMINALS who get famous by glamorizing their dastardly acts.

I find it ironic (or is the word, pathetic), that all these people blaming the entertainment industry for gun violence, few, if any, have pointed out this particular facet who is in my opinion, more a factor than all other facets combined. Guess they don't wanna be called "the R word", so they'll turn a blind eye.

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    For the record, you can't blame the entertainment industry for the acts of individuals anymore than you can blame guns.

The only person/thing responsible is the person who committed the crime.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    For the record, you can't blame the entertainment industry for the acts of individuals anymore than you can blame guns.

The only person/thing responsible is the person who committed the crime.

Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying it has an influence. Not on their actions, but on the culture of violence and glamorization of violence. That is all.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Funny how libs say you can't blame Hollywood(because most actors/actresses who do action movies are anti gun), then an actor who had done many actions movies starts raising his voice in defense of the 2A and suddenly his movies are part of the problem.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying it has an influence. Not on their actions, but on the culture of violence and glamorization of violence. That is all.

It does have an influence. I think violent video games play a big part. Kids think people don't die if they get shot. They have be taught they do die. No respawn in real life.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    It does have an influence. I think violent video games play a big part. Kids think people don't die if they get shot. They have be taught they do die. No respawn in real life.

If someone really thinks that you respawn after death in reality that person is mentally ill, not a product of violent video games.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

Those set of values are deteriorating and. I will admit that.

Funny how libs say you can't blame Hollywood(because most actors/actresses who do action movies are anti gun), then an actor who had done many actions movies starts raising his voice in defense of the 2A and suddenly his movies are part of the problem.

Bingo. I do not understand how someone can be on the fence about either. You either believe that someone can be influenced by entertainment and guns or you don't. I believe those actors know that, but choose not to acknowledge it in order to feed the fire. That sort of shit sells, and people who think that shit sounds smart will continue to watch their movies and talk about them.

IDGAF about pop culture, and wish more people felt that way - if your favorite actor influences your political beliefs, you are a fucking moron.(In reference to the anti-gun crowd).

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    It's all about tolerance.

Yes. Which is why my Glock is better than a 1911. It has higher tolerances thus is more reliable and more better.

tumblr_ls7crd3LJ11qafrh6.gif

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    My 1913 1911 is looser than Paris Hilton's vagina. I bet it's also more reliable than your Glock. It only needs to reliably fire 8 rounds, whereas your Glock must fire 16. Thus, your Glock has a higher probability of failure.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    My 1913 1911 is looser than Paris Hilton's vagina. I bet it's also more reliable than your Glock. It only needs to reliably fire 8 rounds, whereas your Glock must fire 16. Thus, your Glock has a higher probability of failure.

But you're gay. You don't know what a vagina is. Lol

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas

You should measure reliability on rounds fired and not magazines you've emptied.

If you supply the ammo, I'll make that bet with you.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    You should measure reliability on rounds fired and not magazines you've emptied.

If you supply the ammo, I'll make that bet with you.

Interdasting. I don't think I want to put that many rounds through my pre-war 1911 though.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bruce Willis gets 10 points for bedding Demi Moore in her pre-Ashton days. Except for the rebuilt hooters, that's a good looking lady!

Beyond Demi, he gets 150 points for being a solid, Second Amendment supporter and gun rights advocate. He's is far different from the usual flow of scum coming out of Hollywood.

Contrast Willis to Stallone who made millions glorifying violence and murder then he comes out in favor of banning the same weapons that he used to make his fortune. What a turd!

Flash

Top Bottom