• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I've been doing yoga for a couple of months now & I give it a thumbs up. I'm pretty lean though, I think it might be differant for thicker fellows. You burn a few calories, enjoy getting limber with some great streches and afterwards, you feel as relaxed as if you had a massage.
    Plus every class is infested with chicks. Hot, fit ones. Pop a gasex first.........
    DK Firearms

Range Time

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    DFW
    The first time I went to Yoga, I was with my girlfriend and she had to drag me by my short-n-curlies to get me there... I knew what kind of people were going to be there because it was Austin and its Yoga. Naturally, I wore my Reagan-Bush '84 hat and a shirt that said "F*** Terrorism" (without the stars). I was making a statement, and it worked, but what Iwasnt expecting was what I learned...

Yoga works.

Ive don't "Bikram" in the 105* rooms, and all sorts of other hippie styles. They all helped with my Range of Motion, Mobility, and Flexibility. I've been doing CrossFit for quite some time, but I was able to obtain better mobility via yoga, which makes me a better crossfitter.

Just don't fall into their Vegan trap!

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yoga is wonderful for developing flexibility and range of motion. The postures are also very calming to the nervous system. I suggest Iyengar yoga, which uses props such as blocks and straps to assist you to attain the pose. The props are helpful to a beginner. An inexpensive way to try it in the privacy of your home, is with the Gaiam DVD's you can get at Target or Walmart. For about 40 bucks you can get a DVD and the blocks/straps kit.

Off topic, pilates is good, but it is very, very expensive and the quality of the instructor makes all the difference in the world.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    A lot of hot chicks do yoga, find the right class and no one will question your manhood!

Oh, and swimming and/or pool exercises are a good idea as well!

Cheers! M2
    You ever try to do yoga with a boner? LOL

Yoga will kick your ass

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I have a bulging disc and tried a lot of things. After going thru PT, the best thing that has helped is stretching and building my core muscles which Pilates is very good at. I haven't had a flare up in a long time. Sounds dumb but for about $40 you can get a kickass workout at home.
    $10 for a Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper DVD, heavy and light dumbells, and a yoga mat is all you need. build your cardio and core at the same time with HIIT excercises - high intensity interval training. Good luck.

Top Bottom