• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's surprising that some twisting, breathing, and bending from around 400 A.D., works so well.

My back feels almost like new. I'm sold.
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you do Yoga with a class the view seems to be nice. It would appear to be worth it even though other dudes are gonna beat you up and take your lunch money.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If you do Yoga with a class the view seems to be nice. It would appear to be worth it even though other dudes are gonna beat you up and take your lunch money.

are you experiencing a urge to eat quiche also?

Lol, we got jokes. I was the same way but this is a class. No yuppy nothing. They explain it out. Why your doing what your doing. This type wasn't the vegan bullshit. Different moves. Instructor even said you could still drink alcohol. Wasn't gonna stop but still.

I was also the only guy there. Hee, hee. So hell yeah I gave it a try. The crap works.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    if it works for ya, go for it.

my back hurts but I know I just need to drop 30 lbs and it would be fine.:green:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I use to rock out at a gym. 8 eggs for breakfast, protein shake, a pound of beef, chicken Brest. Gallon of milk every 4 days. Worked out for one year. Able to do 25 pull ups in my low 40's. Chest flys with two 80's. My goal was requirements for Army Ranger. Stopped about a year ago.

It was a bucket list thing. I can go to my grave saying I body built. It's an incredible strain on joints, I couldn't keep at the pace. The will is there but age ain't having it.

It sounds gay as hell, but yoga is pretty Damn neat. My Damn drill Seargent musta knew yoga. Basturd smoked us using it.

It's like an exercise you relax at, but it's not relaxing. You do meditate at the end. You do the OHOOOOM thing. No shit. Sitting Indian style, saying ohooom. It's gotta do with tranquility or something.

My back hurts all the time. Yoga actually worked. I wanna try that acupuncture stuff. Another vet said it last about 4 weeks. He had been a gunner. Carried a SAW and lots of ammo. It jacked his back bad. He swore by it.

Last edited:

Schroderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I enjoy yoga too, it's a nice change up from my normal workouts. A lot less strain on your joints then weights, improves flexibility and generally just makes you feel good. As for the lunchroom bullies, I'll be waiting...

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    I will be 71 this year.I've been doing yoga,off and on, for about 35 years.
    It's the real deal.Nothing yuppie about it at all.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I will be 71 this year.I've been doing yoga,off and on, for about 35 years.
    It's the real deal.Nothing yuppie about it at all.
    Ya we know but it's like talking about glocks. Damm it so much fun
    !!!
    Wish I could I'm 54 and the way it is i can't walk a half mile. And probably never will.
    Pain true pain walks with me daily. If it works enjoy

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I do 8-10 mins of yoga each day after I work out and at random times of he day on off days. Don't do it before you work out. After you get a good work out yoga can help you from getting sore, it can help align your back, it can ease pain and soreness. It's great for you and if you learn how to do it right, you will make your life better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I do 8-10 mins of yoga each day after I work out and at random times of he day on off days. Don't do it before you work out. After you get a good work out yoga can help you from getting sore, it can help align your back, it can ease pain and soreness. It's great for you and if you learn how to do it right, you will make your life better.

I also signed up for Ty Chi. I've previously took Tae Kwon Do years back.

Ty Chi is awesome stuff. The instructor is a new york Yankee, 5'5" kick boxer. Her legs remind you of solid wood softball bats.

She has a metronome going as you move. Explains the 5 elements pretty good.

It go's really well with yoga. It works the knees and thighs...

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    9am to 10:30

I have to admit, yoga can smoke you hardcore. It's mostly isometric. Today was legs. It's pretty kewl how small movements of yoga really dig deep into supporting muscles.

I gotta hand it to Indian fu*kers.....they invented some neat stuff.

Ooooooooommmmm, like a motherfu*ker.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Quiche is awesome. My wife makes a few. All of them have a ton of bacon. She even makes a "jalapeño popper quiche" with bacon, jalapeños and cream cheese.

True story. Old girlfriend had some rich neighbors. Her family lived on 30 acres. Next door was much bigger. Anyway, it's middle evening and we, her parents, and sis jump the fense.

This huge house had a horseshoe driveway. It was lined with Cadillacs and corvette. Not Bullshitting, every single one in black. Looked like a funeral.

After walking out back, there was tubs of Michelob and corona. No cheap beer in sight. After these folks sat around discussing how they were gonna buy a Harley for Christmas.

Food is served. Whole salmon fillets,(about 3' long) raw with Cappers. Then what looked like biscuits sliced up with sausages in them. The rich fu*K's can have the raw fish and green balls.

My country ass is scarfing these things down. Some older guy walks up and tells me that real men don't eat quiche. I give him a WTF look and then realized that's what I was eating.

Stuff was badass good. I kept eating it too. Later we played pool in the houses game room. Oak lined and shit. Unreal kewl. After getting the proper buzz, we all loaded all the Michelob we could carry and left. Beer bottle in every pocket and another 5-6 in your arms.

Dude that owned the house was VP of Wilsonart or something.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom