• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I might have it backwards, but paracord was the term that came from the Army (since they were more likely to find it attached to parachutes) and 550 from the Marines (since it's 550 lb test).

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Thanks for the link retarmysgt., that was just what I was looking for. I always thought 550 was different. I remember seeing different load ratings for the two.

There are 2 type but they both use the same name, you have a 5 strand and a 7 strand but both have the same 550lb rating.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I was a bit turned off that shipping was $5.50 for 100 feet of 550 (haha, irony). I thought maybe it was like Cheaper than dirt and if I added more it wouldn't affect the shipping cost until a certain weight had been reach, but no such luck. Adding a second set of 100 feet made shipping $11. That's just downright insulting for that length. It's maybe 6 ounces total for each 100 foot? If that.

Anyway, you can find that stuff on Amazon and other places you could bundle it together with shipping.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I go through a thousand feet of that stuff each year. Always have some in the car, on my person, at work, and a bunch at home. I have used it for everything from a keychain, to towing a truck. No lie.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    psa on paracord....(I have over 6,000 feet in my home, at any given time.) Supply captain on line is the best, I've found. $7 for 100'
    You must be weary of on line paracord stores, they are very bad about taking your $ and not giving you your product. I've dealt with sc for well over a year, and their customer service can't be beat!
    Also you can be sure to find a color the wife will love & get your od green for yourself! Good luck, and happy knotting!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    This is my latest project! I'm actually looking for a american supplier for the knives. We are going to try and sell at a gun show next month

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    And these are my necklaces that I'm working on....arrowhead is bone...fish whistle is horn

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Lol! my hubby is always stealing paracord from my "stash"!

Top Bottom