• seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    This is too much like work for me......
    26729951-funny-cartoon-psychiatrist-with-patient-on-couch.jpeg

......but I'm glad you feel that you can share here....
    Venture Surplus ad

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Oh man, we've all had hard times as children.

Homeless, so what?

I survived.

Just because I spent time sleeping under bridges (with my alcoholic father) , abandoned cars, under trees, salvation army transient lodges, rescue missions, for years plus often times going without eating for days on end, blah, blah, bring in the sad violin music (yeah, it's also true) doesn't provide me an excuse to be an a-hole.

Please provide a mea-culpa...or quit whining about your past.

Many, many of us have had worst times...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I did a homeless stretch for about two years. I lived out in some cedar trees. Slept in a ww2 sleeping bag. I'd have to spray big repellent on my hat band at night. The rolly pollies would crawl up the tree and start to eat the hat band.

Best part. I had a $20 hammock from Academy. I slept in the sleeping bag inside the hammock. I could toss and turn all night. Never fell out it once.

The rain sucked. Water would get into the sleeping bag. All you could do it let it warm up and sleep in water. You'd think it'd be horrible. It actually wasn't bad.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Your not posting enough cat pictures.

Just had George out awhile ago, and he kept trying to get on the nightstand, despite me thumping him in the head over and over. Then he was out running around and found a spare water bottle and was licking at the steel tube, and I realized what his problem was, he was thirsty, I just thought he was being a hard headed rat.

BTW, I don't have a bunch of pictures of Sammy available ATM, and he's not around to pose for more.

But, he'll live forever on YouTube with "Sammy, meet Oscar. "

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Oh man, we've all had hard times as children.

Homeless, so what?

I survived.

Just because I spent time sleeping under bridges (with my alcoholic father) , abandoned cars, under trees, salvation army transient lodges, rescue missions, for years plus often times going without eating for days on end, blah, blah, bring in the sad violin music (yeah, it's also true) doesn't provide me an excuse to be an a-hole.

Please provide a mea-culpa...or quit whining about your past.

Many, many of us have had worst times...

Who said I was whining ,or making excuses ?

BTW, I didn't have ANY control over my dad's death. I suppose all this homelessness was due to no fault of yours?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You are right, I don't know you. In my life I had experiences where times were good and where times were bad. My parents got divorced when I was very young and since my father couldn't always be there for me I was often passed around to other family members and then was taken from my home on my 10th birthday and put in a foster home and then Maclaren Hall in California. I got married far too young and we ended up living in the ghetto, and what that taught me was I needed work hard to never go back to that. Many of us have had harder lives than others, life is hard.

As for sarcasm, I am often guilty of that and I expect it in return, nothing wrong with that unless your intent is other than humor.

Now what rubs me wrong is I get an air of superiority from you, and nobody likes being talked down to. When you come out with statements as if you are the foremost authority on a subject and if anyone was to debate that they would lose, then I get to the point I'd like to pop you one. Many times I know you are trying to be humorous, and that's fine, just tone down the "mightier than thou" attitude.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    You are right, I don't know you. In my life I had experiences where times were good and where times were bad. My parents got divorced when I was very young and since my father couldn't always be there for me I was often passed around to other family members and then was taken from my home on my 10th birthday and put in a foster home and then Maclaren Hall in California. I got married far too young and we ended up living in the ghetto, and what that taught me was I needed work hard to never go back to that. Many of us have had harder lives than others, life is hard.

As for sarcasm, I am often guilty of that and I expect it in return, nothing wrong with that unless your intent is other than humor.

Now what rubs me wrong is I get an air of superiority from you, and nobody likes being talked down to. When you come out with statements as if you are the foremost authority on a subject and if anyone was to debate that they would lose, then I get to the point I'd like to pop you one. Many times I know you are trying to be humorous, and that's fine, just tone down the "mightier than thou" attitude.

How dare you talk to me like that! Don't you know I AM superior and have had a harder life than anyone else ?

stickbowcoop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    That will drive you to humor as a way to cope...I think that stuff happens to everyone.

Yep, some people use it as a crutch or excuse for poor behavior and some don't. I am not going to post about my past, it wasn't awesome by any means, but I know others had it worse. But I also know people with "model" childhoods that are worthless adults now. I guess I am a believer in nature over nurture.

I have been occasionally making cancer jokes since I was diagnosed. It makes some people around me uncomfortable, but it's my way of coping I guess.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    This isn't a contest to show who's had it the roughest , are me trying to excuse any malfeasance on my part, by something that happened more than a half Century ago.

But, unless you lost your dad at age 6, you really can't put yourself in my shoes. And NO! Not every one had a bad childhood , and those that did KNOW that shaped them differently than those that didn't.

Bad situations don't mean that it makes you a bad person, but different. Perhaps stronger, better , but just with a different outlook on life .

Top Bottom