• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Just dropped the dog off for a CT scan of his nasal passages. Hoping for bacteria/fungual rather than cancer/tumor :(

Ever had a CT scan done on your dog/pet?
    Gun Zone Deals

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah - thanks man. And sorry, didn't intend to jump down your throat in the other thread. I'm a little tense.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yes, even a MRI to help determine an issue with one of her hip replacements. Hard for them, they don't understand what is going on, but the sedatives help.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    You're right they don't understand the severity or entirety of what we're putting them through. I guess in our case that is good. This morning Chester was acting like he was there for social hour, wanting to play and say hello to everybody. That dog amazes me that his attitude is so happy-go-lucky even when he's dealing with something serious. Fortunately it isn't his first time to get worked on. The last time he was in the ER was for eating some kind of yard decoration - a plastic chicken. lol Damn dog! It was the size of a small apple and they had to open him up to get it out. That one could have killed him. It got stuck in the opening from his stomach to intestines. If it would have gotten in the intestines, it would have been game over. I never though I'd say I'm happy he threw up 13 times downstairs. heh Poor dog, he's the best.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    lol That's what I hear. No kids here either.

There are plenty of times I want to tan his hide but I look and him and he is grinning right back like 'that was great', I have to pull back.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    My pooch decided a piece of thread looked tasty. Unfortunately, there was a sewing needle on it...oops!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Got results yesterday. CT reveals a mass in the sinus cavity. It was biopsied. Should know on Tuesday.

When it rains, it pours.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Prayers to you. We put our eldest down in April. We had tumors removed and they kept coming back and new ones developed all over.

Do you have any type of medical coverage on your dog? I thought it was stupid until paying out of pocket for multiple operations.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    So sorry to hear about the pup...our Katie is still battling two tumors and some spine issues. Most days, you can't tell anything is wrong except for old age!(She takes after me ;) ). Best of luck with the results. Katie responded well to Paladia...one tumor shrank and the other stopped growing...about the best we could hope for.

Give the pup a pat from Katie and me!!!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    The last time he was in the ER was for eating some kind of yard decoration - a plastic chicken. lol Damn dog! It was the size of a small apple and they had to open him up to get it out.
    Sounds like one of mine - he swallowed not just one, but TWO socks one time. Swallowing one is bad enough, but going back for seconds is just bizarre. After a day or two it was obvious something was wrong, wouldn't eat and couldn't get anything out (either end) and just didn't act right. The morning of his vet appointment, he left us a present in the laundry room - an enormous loaf of, something. Bagged it and brought it to the vet and found out it was a pair of socks.

Top Bottom