• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Understanding this will vary depending on your location, home size and property size, please include the logic behind your choice.

Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    Winchester 1300 Defender with #4 buckshot. Backup, 9mm Glock with hollow points.

First, I do not know of many people that do not know the sound of a shot gun being racked. Hard to miss with a shotgun. My wife can shot it by bucking the stock against a wall or other solid structure.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Defender Shotgun. Wont miss,all kinds of different loads to penetrate or not,will def knock bad guy down so they wont get away,easy to operate in stressful situation,reliable.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    An SBS Saiga 12 with a 30rd drum :

F2.gif

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    An SBS Saiga 12 with a 30rd drum :

F2.gif

At the trial:

Attorney: The intruder sustained severe injuries by the your shotgun. Did you shoot the intruder?

Home-owner: No, I smacked him with it until he surrendered. I had no intention of killing the poor bastard, but he needed a good ass-whoopin.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Home defense: Any scatter gun with some form of buck in it and a pistol loaded with aggresive hollow points, i.e. LEO ammo, as a BUG.

Property defense: Any semi-automatic rifle, with at least one other form of firearm as a back up.

Rock on!

Brad L.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    House: Mossy 500 12g 000buck, Glock 19 30 rnds loaded Hornady Critical Defense, Taurus PT99 30 rounds loaded Hornady Critical defense, Bersa .380 14 rounds loaded Critical defense, AK-47 30 rnds loaded(NFC what load), want to get an AR of some sort for home defense also as I think my wife would practice with it more than my 12g
    Property: all the above but would probably start with the AK and my glock 19

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Home defense: Any scatter gun with some form of buck in it and a pistol loaded with aggresive hollow points, i.e. LEO ammo, as a BUG.

Property defense: Any semi-automatic rifle, with at least one other form of firearm as a back up.

Rock on!

Brad L.

what would you call "aggressive" HP's? With only a couple exceptions, i have found LEO ammo to simply come in the 50 round boxes, while the non-LEO come in 20 or 25 round boxes. HST's and rangers are generally more avalable to LEO's but I got some .

right now, mine is a Beretta 92 and a Glock 19 loaded with winchester XPD1 and critical defense. Also a bird gun with some #3 buck is there if I need it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My weapon of choice is the Yugo M70 underfolder sitting next to my bed. I know how to use the AK after using the heck out of one in run-and-gun tactical competitions. I can operate it without thinking, I know I can hit what I want where I want, and I know it'll work as advertised or my money back. :p It's loaded with a 20 round mag of Brown Bear soft point. Why a 20? Harder to snag on something, and do I really need 30 rounds? If I do, I screwed up... The AK is exactly the longest gun I'd want to use for home defense in my place. It's barely short enough for a couple of the corners. I could always fold the stock, though...

For when I hear a noise and want to take something along to check it out, it's my P220 SAO with 9 rounds of 230 grain HST. That should be enough to get me back to my AK.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    A pistol in my situation. House in a neighborhood, multiple hallways and rooms not friendly to size of shotguns. I keep a G22 by my bed and a .357 in the living room. Long guns are in the safe.
    If I lived in a rural area I would use my AK or my M4 and pistol as backup.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Semi-auto 12-gauge with a mid-length barrel. Unfortunately, I only have a long-ish shotgun (hunting gun). I will eventually sell it & get something more to my liking for home defense. I don't hunt with a shotgun, no idea why I bought it?? If you want a good deal on a Benelli Nova w/accessories and live in DFW.......

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    H&R Pardner Pump 18 inch, no plug (i dont hunt with this one), Hornady TAP 00 Buck (whatever hornady's tac shotgun ammo, cant remember) , with a surefire G2 Nitrolon tube mounted with a Tac-Star mount. It does double duty as my truck gun (because it was $183 brand new at CTD one weekend, so it was cheap as hell, and if it got stolen, i wouldnt be TOO broken up over it), this is backed up with a SA XD 9 Service, 16rd mags with 124gr +P Hornady

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    Some kind of reliable AR with some OTM bullets.

One of the 5.56's weakness' is actually a benefit in this situation. It fragments. Very little over penetration, and I've got 28 rounds to do the job. I'm comfortable with it.

Top Bottom