• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Me trying to get into the Christmas spirit of the time of year. Going back to when I was younger, and remembering some of the things we did as children at this time of year, leading up to Christmas. Making Christmas cookies and such, putting up a tree and decorating it, helping our father hang lights on the house, making homemade Christmas tree ornaments, and one of my favorites, writing a letter to Santa, detailing all your Christmas wishes to be seen under the tree on Christmas morning.

But this will be a little different. First list, a virtual fantasy and fun list, and maybe lots of wishful thinking! The second list, a more realistic, or thinking of things that we would like to see happen. I'll go first!

Fantasy!
    1) Lots of guns and ammo!
    2) More guns and ammo! (well, it is a gun forum!)
    3) A lot of cases of top shelf bourbon.
    4) A 53' reefer trailer, full of cold Shiner beer.
    5) A truckload of prime briskets, to have the biggest TGT Reunion meet of all time!

Reality.
    1) Peace and goodwill towards everyone.
    2) To be able to spend one more day with all my grandparents and passed loved ones.
    3) To be able to spend time with my friends from TGT. And to make some new ones!
    4) That people smarten up and figure out how bad the path is that our country is heading down, and do something about it.
    5) That people start treating others with a little more kindness, compassion and understanding.
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember having the Big Sears Christmas catalog tossed at me & told to look for the clothes I wanted. I also remember my dad coming back latter & smacking me upside my head for looking at guns & women bras & panties and thinking about those crappy X- Ray glasses I had that didn't work. Yeah I was just that stupid to wear the X-Ray glasses with a big shit eating grin checking out the tits & ass.

I got a double smack once because my dad refused to shop in a Sears. He would park in their lot & we would cut thru the store to Penny's. Knowing that I asked why I had to look thru Sears Cataloge? IIRC he said Sears were commies.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Me trying to get into the Christmas spirit of the time of year. Going back to when I was younger, and remembering some of the things we did as children at this time of year, leading up to Christmas. Making Christmas cookies and such, putting up a tree and decorating it, helping our father hang lights on the house, making homemade Christmas tree ornaments, and one of my favorites, writing a letter to Santa, detailing all your Christmas wishes to be seen under the tree on Christmas morning.

But this will be a little different. First list, a virtual fantasy and fun list, and maybe lots of wishful thinking! The second list, a more realistic, or thinking of things that we would like to see happen. I'll go first!

Fantasy!
    1) Lots of guns and ammo!
    2) More guns and ammo! (well, it is a gun forum!)
    3) A lot of cases of top shelf bourbon.
    4) A 53' reefer trailer, full of cold Shiner beer.
    5) A truckload of prime briskets, to have the biggest TGT Reunion meet of all time!

Reality.
    1) Peace and goodwill towards everyone.
    2) To be able to spend one more day with all my grandparents and passed loved ones.
    3) To be able to spend time with my friends from TGT. And to make some new ones!
    4) That people smarten up and figure out how bad the path is that our country is heading down, and do something about it.
    5) That people start treating others with a little more kindness, compassion and understanding.
    Model 624.

6-1/2". Stainless. 44 SPECIAL.

What I would really like to see..............??

An END to CANCER. (I think that cancer is something the AMA invented/profiteers from)...

A righteous retaliation for the blame CHINESE GERM WARFARE....This was an ACT of WAR! Committed by the Communist Chinese and the TREASONOUS TRAITORS in Washington, DC. on the good (and not so good) Citizenry of these UNITED STATES!

A return of AFFORDABLE PRIMERS! (Federal has been bragging that they got the Remington Plant up & running....)

Later, Mark

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    While I want a bunch of Gucci crap…I’m more than happy just spoiling The Boy on his first Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I spoiled my kids on Christmas. We didnt buy them anything but necessity all year but they always got everything they asked for on Christmas.

Also make sure your kids know the cost of things. Show them the old t shirt and underwear and socks with holes in it the parents wears so the kids can have what they want on Christmas and what they need the rest of the time. I grew up poor and my kids wernt going to wear 3rd generation good will shit but they were going to understand what that costs.

After they got a job we made them buy clothes and school supplies. We would "finance" stuff like mac books or game systems by buying them but they paid us back.

I have one graduating college in june and another next December. They worked their way thru with minimal loans and the youngest only too 2 years and 1 class the last semester in the fall to graduate. They both have good jobs and their own nice cars they paid for.

What I want for Christmas is to make my kids happy and leave responsible citizens behind.

My wife and I can get some gravy on the back end.

I do wish my grand kids lived in texas I barely see them.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Big problem with having a few kids is once they get married and start having kids, is they now have inlaws. So Christmas happens on the 26th for me this year in order to accommodate two of my kids. We will have everyone over on the 26th, so thats a huge win.

So on Christmas day I will spend most of the day with my girlfriend and her family. I have spent time with the whole crew before so it should be fun. Planning on making the most of the day. Life doesn't always give us what we want, but there's always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

My requested gift this year is that each family give me a family picture in a barnwood frame. They always give me something nice (Beretta shotgun, crossbow & accessories) so I thought I would cut them a break this year with the picture. Good kids. Me and their mom did OK with them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I spoiled my kids on Christmas. We didnt buy them anything but necessity all year but they always got everything they asked for on Christmas.

Also make sure your kids know the cost of things. Show them the old t shirt and underwear and socks with holes in it the parents wears so the kids can have what they want on Christmas and what they need the rest of the time. I grew up poor and my kids wernt going to wear 3rd generation good will shit but they were going to understand what that costs.

After they got a job we made them buy clothes and school supplies. We would "finance" stuff like mac books or game systems by buying them but they paid us back.

I have one graduating college in june and another next December. They worked their way thru with minimal loans and the youngest only too 2 years and 1 class the last semester in the fall to graduate. They both have good jobs and their own nice cars they paid for.

What I want for Christmas is to make my kids happy and leave responsible citizens behind.

My wife and I can get some gravy on the back end.

I do wish my grand kids lived in texas I barely see them.

Sounds like how I was raised.

I’ve worked 30+ hours per week since I was 14 years old. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

I’m hoping to instill these values into The Boy without the stress of working so much out of necessity at such a young age.

We’ll figure it out

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Sounds like how I was raised.

I’ve worked 30+ hours per week since I was 14 years old. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

I’m hoping to instill these values into The Boy without the stress of working so much out of necessity at such a young age.

We’ll figure it out

I'm sure you will.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Hopefully your employer is nice enough to let you be home.

They told us when we hired out, “You belong to us now and you will not be off for holidays, birthdays or anniversaries. Your kids will hate you, make sure your wife’s boyfriend knows how to operate all your toys, you will lose all your friends, etc”.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They told us when we hired out, “You belong to us now and you will not be off for holidays, birthdays or anniversaries. Your kids will hate you, make sure your wife’s boyfriend knows how to operate all your toys, you will lose all your friends, etc”.
    Military?

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Geez, that's crazy! i thought my old job was bad...

Top Bottom