• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    I did some research...

How many who are conceding defeat have called/written/emailed their reps and voiced their concerns.

Deaths in 2009 = 2,437,163

The 15 leading causes of death in 2009 were:

1. Diseases of heart (heart disease) @ 599,413
    2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer) @ 567,628
    3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases @ 137,353
    4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke) @ 128,842
    5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) @ 118,021
    6. Alzheimer’s disease @ 79,003
    7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes) @ 68,705
    8. Influenza and pneumonia @ 53,692
    9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease) @ 48,935
    10. Intentional self-harm (suicide) @ 36,909
    11. Septicemia @ 35,639
    12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis @ 30,558
    13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal dis* ease (hypertension) @ 25,734
    14. Parkinson’s disease @ 20,565
    15. Assault (homicide) @ 16,799

Conclusion: Of total deaths in 2009, 0.69% (0.68928504) were due to Assault (homicide).

Results on page 39:
    Nontransport accidents, Accidental discharge of firearms: 554
    Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms: 18,735
    Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms: 11,493
    Discharge of firearms, undetermined intent: 232

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf

In 2009 the FBI reported that in the United States 348 murders were due to rifles and 6,452 murders were due to handguns. In comparison, the state of California alone had 1,022 murders due to handguns.

Another shocking fact, that there are more murders classified as "Other than felony type" and "Other arguments" than there are violent crimes combined (Table 11).

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2009/crime2009

FBI link > Go to Offense Tables > Table 8 (Murder Victims by weapon)
    FBI link > Go to Offense Tables > Table 11 (Murder Circumstances by weapon)
    FBI link > Go to Offense Tables > Table 20 (Murder by state)
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    How many who are conceding defeat have called/written/emailed their reps and voiced their concerns.

I sent 3 more emails today to our Governor, and state level reps encouraging them to work on bills similar to what's being out forward in SC. I also called the office of senator John Cornyn in Washington and confirmed his opposition to any AWB or magazine capacity bans and pledged my support.

As much as it makes us feel better, complaining to like minded individuals on this forum does little to help our cause. Make sure the right people are hearing you.

I've contacted Cornyn...twice, Bill Flores, the Gov'na, and POTUS (HA!).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Damn, I'm afraid of what I might say if I were to contact Mr Obamy. I have emailed Florez, Cornyn, Perry, Pitts, and Birdwell and called Cornyn's office in DC.

Plan to make a few more calls this afternoon and pick up some stamps so I can get some snail mail going.

Come to think of it, I will voice my concerns to the deaf ears if the potus.

Thanks for staying in the fight.

johnpuga1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio
    Thanks, I love those links that are full of unbiased facts.

Based on a Jan. 1, 2009 estimate, there were 305,529,237 people in the U.S. That means you had a 0.79 percent chance of dying. Of the 305,529,237 people, 0.0054 percent were killed due to what the Center for Disease Control classifies as "Assault (homicide)." I wish someone would report these numbers.

Conclusion: Guns aren't the problem.

U.S. Population, 2009: 305 Million and Counting - US News and World Report

Last edited:

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Even If a ban on high cap mags doesn't pass, (I'm almost certain it will) you can probably bet your ass there will be new, high taxes on them. Sadly, I can see the new $40-$50 price tag on P-Mags becoming the norm. I don't for see ammo escaping the escalating prices either.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I just wrote John Culberson.

He scores 100% with NRA, and highly will all other major Conservative issues.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Based on a Jan. 1, 2009 estimate, there were 305,529,237 people in the U.S. That means you had a 0.79 percent chance of dying. Of the 305,529,237 people, 0.0054 percent were killed due to what the Center for Disease Control classifies as "Assault (homicide)." I wish someone would report these numbers.

Yes, guns aren't the problem.

The problem is that you can have an opinion with a gun, once you are unarmed, you are at their mercy and no longer have an opinion.
    Citizens are armed.
    Subjects are not.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

And homicide by gun is an even smaller segment of that. And homicide by gun, rifle is tiny even in that subset! There are more people killed with hammers every year, than with rifles. And "assault weapons" are an even smaller subset of the already tiny rifles part.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just wondering what the general mood is on the possibility of a +10 round magazine ban (AKA "Standard capacity" or "High capacity," depending on how much you love or hate guns).

I personally don't see it happening as Repubs fear it even more than the Dems do.The last AWB was poison for Dems and Repubs are already struggling to keep their noses above water. If they let it happen they will officially be a dead party. However, the folks at another forum I post on are nearly 100% certain it will happen, not as part of an Assault rifle" ban, but as separate legislation. And of course, who amongst us can say we trust Repubs to do what is right at this point in time?

Comments?

5rds out of a sniper AR, is worth more then 100rds up close.

A Remington CDL, in 30-06 is one deady SOB.

Lower the rounds to 10?

So.

glockstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Fort Worth
    After the statements I have seen coming from recent "pro-gun" politicians I am truly worried this time. Looking at the vote on the speakers position and fiscal vote I don't think the Republicans care about alienating their base.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We're talking about the party that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last November because they couldn't STFU about trivial stupid crap like abortion and stay focused on the totally awesome obama economy. The same party that caved today to increase taxes and increase spending, yet completely lack the cojones to call out the kenyan for breaking his promise to America that no citizen earning less than $250,000/yr would pay a cent more in taxes. The same party that let obamacare get out of committee by a single RINO vote (thanks olympia snowe).

So you can see there are plenty of reasons for me to have approximately 0.0 faith in their judgement, integrity or ability.
    pretty well sums it up for me... :p

TheSizzle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Dallas
    Having lived in California, I can say that reduced-capacity magazines are a real bore, but I really don't think the rest of the country will follow. This too... shall pass... but not in the sense that a bill would, more like the mania will cease.

Top Bottom