• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Think of A bump fire stock like a machinegun. Is a machinegun accurate? In the hands of a trained shooter yes (within reason). Machineguns only do one thing well. That is suppressive fire. An AR15 can suppress an enemy for 3 seconds. It takes 3 nore to load a fresh mag and having double or triple works better. So 6 guys can keep a target pinned while a flanking manouver or heavy weapon fires. Civilians can use minimum FA fire to try to engage targets. Think three to the chest. It's quite effective as most schools teach controlled pairs or hammer pairs.

As for the guns They do seem to work and with proper platform you can get good hits out to 100yds same as a real MG.

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Although a cool novelty item, as in something cool to play around with at the man camp, range (that is okay with it) or to say “yeah I got one”. I do not see any practical purpose for it, and also feel it is counterproductive to developing and maintaining good fundamentals. I don’t know of many public ranges that will allow you to “bump fire” even with the stock set up to do so. I don’t see needing it in any type of possible gunfight and I really think that it is a waste of ammo (unless it’s for fun, kids, friends having a good time, etc).

I personally would not buy one, but I won’t tell you or anyone else to buy one. Just be safe if you do and be sure to confirm with any range you attempt to use it, that way there is no butt chewing.

ls1matt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    San Antonio
    $225 for a stock on a $450 gun?

Yeah is that bad? I would pay even more the feature looks awesome. And I can switch between bumpfire and regular on same stock. Worth it IMO. Ak is a FUN gun and this would make it even more fun. I probably won't be putting it on AR though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it would be fun but difficult to shoot accurately in the bump fire mode, I wouldn't mind having one on an sbr ar, but I don't have that kind of money right now to put into a fun gun and feed it, As far as being a waste of ammo and money, people spend much more to purchase a legal MG, i don't see how this is any worse, I have looked into them and watched all the videos and think it would be alot of fun to have around and after getting a few other things checked off the list may look for one myself.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    A pointless waste of money that leads to an equally pointless waste of ammo (which itself is a waste of money). I gotta ask - why bother?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Way I see it, if ya don't like it fine - if someone DOES like it, it's no skin off our nose. As someone who's had full-auto weapons, I agree that they can chew ammo like a motha - but dude, there's just somethin' fun 'bout doin' it!

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I recently shot an AR with a bump-fire, and it was alot of fun. At the time I thought it wasn't for me, but now I wouldn't mind having one.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Honestly, one you get to shoot FA a couple times it losses its luster. I can do it anytime...for free... and I still rarely go FA. Its just one of those things that one you do it a few times you move on. I would rather be proficient on SA, so thats how I practice. I cant imagine your ammo bill if you own a bumpfire.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh, hell - I know. Had an Uzi for a number of years - had buds that would buy the ammo just to be able to play w/it a bit, but after a while it simply got boring. Thing is, I carried it for practical reasons for a while - once that was over with then I sold it - as you say, it does get expensive to exercise....<G>

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's kinda like speeding on the autobahn. When we first were stationed in Germany in 1995, I took our brand new Volkswagen Passat (with that sweet VR6 engine) on the autobahn and promptly took it up to 130 MPH. It was a blast until I noticed how quickly the gas gauge was dropping! After that we usually only did about 80 MPH on that road, which is about the normal speed that most Germans drive it (130 KPH)...

Cheers! M2

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Since they are so easy to install, get a few buddies together and all pitch in for one. Then you can each have it for a weekend or so to play around with it on your own guns. After a few trips around the group, I bet the demand for it will drop way off. Not out as much cash as if you bought only for yourself.

They are selling the heck out of them at the recent gun shows, with a booth set up and a guy explaining exactly how they work, videos, etc. Always had a small crowd around him yesterday at the GRB show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom