• ...and so much more!
  • Guyger Verduict

• Total voters

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    I think she got railroaded. Black judge, 7 black jurors, only 4 whites on jury(I think). She took responsibility for herself the instant the incident occurred, and is taking responsibility and punishment for all the police shootings over the last few years. I could go with a lesser involuntary manslaughter charge but murder, that charge is in my mind criminial in itself. I hope she gets the minimum sentence, but expect the judge to throw the book at her and sweep it all under the carpet.

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Actions here were not "accidents", they were mistakes... I wish folks reporting on this story would stop conflating the two terms... no one should be absolved of mistakes... because, only consequence changes behavior.

It is not anyone's fault but her own that she made several mistakes, and she should serve time to both help her place more value on the process for decisions she makes, as well as to teach others to be careful not to make the same mistakes.

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    Murder. There is a reason LE Officers are and should be held to a higher standard.

To walk into someone else’s apartment - on the wrong floor even and then shoot the unarmed resident, dead? Claiming you thought he was a burglar and was going to attack you? Bullshit. She killed him - no excuse.

But I’m not on the jury.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Actions here were not "accidents", they were mistakes... I wish folks reporting on this story would stop conflating the two terms... no one should be absolved of mistakes... because, only consequence changes behavior.

It is not anyone's fault but her own that she made several mistakes, and she should serve time to both help her place more value on the process for decisions she makes, as well as to teach others to be careful not to make the same mistakes.

I do not think she got a fair trial, because
    1) Her race vs the race of the victim should have never played a part in the trial and the press coverage should have triggered a change in trial location
    2) The fact she was a police officer should not have been used as a "reason to assume" that she was "trigger happy"
    3) Reduced capacity due to the work schedule and stress of the job should have been considered
    4) Initial reports stated that the victim had "illegal drugs" in his home, so was he really trying to not get caught?
    5) What was drug/alcohol level in the victims blood?
    6) Why was his door ajar?

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, that and she shot a guy minding his own business in his own home without so much as a bad address for a no-knock warrant to blame.

Things like that can give people the impression you should be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think she got railroaded. Black judge, 7 black jurors, only 4 whites on jury(I think). She took responsibility for herself the instant the incident occurred, and is taking responsibility and punishment for all the police shootings over the last few years. I could go with a lesser involuntary manslaughter charge but murder, that charge is in my mind criminial in itself. I hope she gets the minimum sentence, but expect the judge to throw the book at her and sweep it all under the carpet.

1) Her race vs the race of the victim should have never played a part in the trial and the press coverage should have triggered a change in trial location
    2) The fact she was a police officer should not have been used as a "reason to assume" that she was "trigger happy"
    3) Reduced capacity due to the work schedule and stress of the job should have been considered
    4) Initial reports stated that the victim had "illegal drugs" in his home, so was he really trying to not get caught?

Sorry your girl lost.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

None of these excuses would get you out of as much as a speeding ticket. Why would it get anyone out of a murder charge. She murdered that guy. She said so herself, she shot at him with intent to kill. That, my friend, is murder.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

It's Dallas county, many judges are black, there's a high black population.

She received special treatment after the shooting, she deleted texts, why wasn't her phone taken as evidence? Why was she allowed to sit in the back of a patrol car with the camera turned off?

Personally I think she's damn lucky she only received 10 years. My guess was she was going to get 30.

Top Bottom