• Total voters

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I find it interesting that the judge has been so interested in her texts (and the deleted ones) that they are allowed into testimony. She was off duty, her mental state is allowed to be where ever she wants it! Or are we supposed to not allow 'sluts' in the DPD? Definitely trying to kick a downed dog. That is the real problem with the case. No change of venue, no delay allowed, selecting evidence to be shown to the jury. The LE that shot the car lot guy (when he began his attack) was fired IIRC for not following policy of waiting for backup - but his partner was on the scene. So just wait for swat to come and have a gun battle in an apartment? Too many possible scenarios to afternoon quarterback! Which is what the prosecutor is doing. We want the Fl boss to never get another LE job as his training program caused kids to be killed, yet the same training and rules apply here? Oh, double tap is standard practice.
    You don't think those texts (undeleted or deleted) go towards showing the state of mind of the defendant, both before and after the killing? They're the very definition of relevant and admissible evidence.

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm going with hung jury. Half "cops can do no wrong and we must sacrifice anything to make sure these heroes with the most dangerous jobs ever get home safe every night" and half "white oppressor shot a poor unarmed black man".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That would be nice. This is just a poll thread and, as such, it stands alone. However, it would be nice if discussion of the minutiae stayed in the other thread.

Geez, it's nothing avvidclif has to get his sphincter all knotted up about! There simply was no way to insert a poll in the ongoing discussion. If a mod wants to merge the two, then I am sure they will do so; otherwise this wouldn't be the first time TGT has several threads on the same topic!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't think anyone is getting all knotted up. I appreciate when people point out threads they think are redundant.

Can't we all just get along? :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Looks like sphincter knotting to me! :boom:
    Really? "Sphincter knotting", to me, is when people go ape-shit and start demanding to know the physical address needed for legal service so they can sue TGT out of existence. Short of that, folks may not like the way the board organizes itself sometimes and may toss off a bit of censored profanity to indicate that they wish everyone else thought like them...but that hardly rises past the "squeeky wheel" level. IOW, most folks won't be bothered by it.

We're probably just hung up on terminology. You say "sphincter knotting" and think it's out of line. I say "visibly peeved" and think it's just part of normal business.

It's a distinction without much difference, if any. IMO, of course. :)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Really? "Sphincter knotting", to me, is when people go ape-shit and start demanding to know the physical address needed for legal service so they can sue TGT out of existence. Short of that, folks may not like the way the board organizes itself sometimes and may toss off a bit of censored profanity to indicate that they wish everyone else thought like them...but that hardly rises past the "squeeky wheel" level. IOW, most folks won't be bothered by it.

We're probably just hung up on terminology. You say "sphincter knotting" and think it's out of line. I say "visibly peeved" and think it's just part of normal business.

It's a distinction without much difference, if any. IMO, of course. :)

It's nothing to get so excited about. All he had to do is report it, and you mods/admins will decide if they need to be merged or left as is.

Honestly, I don't care. I didn't start the poll, I only suggested it in the first thread; and if there was a way to add it to that discussion, that would have been better but I guess that wasn't possible...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I vote guilty because I am old school and was brought up that you take responsibility for your actions, not try and make excuses or blame others. Every mistake she made was of her own decision making. You choose to carry a gun, you own the consequences of your bad decision making. "She was tired", "She was on the phone", I don't care, she should have paid more attention, instead of running around Condition WHITE. The devil did not make you do it, you did it. I do not accept Affluenza boy or any of the other people who make excuses either. So I am consistent.

As for the jury. I think 60/40 for acquittal. Americans (not me as much), tend to be a forgiving lot. the old phrase "...but for the grace of God go I" is in a lot of folks heads, if not in those words. I think jury demographics works against her though.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    I think this shows the lady didn't have enough training to be a officer and thought the weapon was a good equalizer between her and a bigger person in any circumstance.

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    I also think she should loose her right to carry a firearm in any capacity except in her residence and whoa be to anyone who is in a relationship with her.

Top Bottom