Grandad?
    This works.png
    Target Sports

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    A friend of mine had one of those "ring of fire" POS semiauto pistols, a Lorcin or Davis .25 ACP. He shot it at a couple of cans, missed, and went to stick the gun in his back pocket so he could walk out to put up a large paper target. He left his finger in the trigger guard and the gun fired as he stuck it in his pocket. The bullet hit the inside the back of his heel, missing his Achilles tendon by a bullet's width, and exited through the sole of his heel. It bled a lot but he said it didn't hurt much. I was there and did crappy first aid with two pieces of gauze, 24" of first aid tape and a torn up t-shirt. This was the incident which taught me the value of having a really good first aid kit in your car. It got the bleeding stopped until we got to the ER, where he spent more time talking to a cop about his GSW than the doctor spent patching him up.

Same guy, a couple of years later, shooting a Ruger Mk III in his backyard. He loaded and charged the gun while pointing it downward then, when preparing to fire, put his finger on the trigger while it was still pointing "generally" downward. The bullet entered his leg just below his knee and traveled down the outside edge of his shinbone and stopped just above his ankle. He said that one hurt like hell and initially felt like his leg exploded. His wife drove him to the ER and he spent half a day talking to cops about his GSW.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    A friend of mine had one of those "ring of fire" POS semiauto pistols, a Lorcin or Davis .25 ACP. He shot it at a couple of cans, missed, and went to stick the gun in his back pocket so he could walk out to put up a large paper target. He left his finger in the trigger guard and the gun fired as he stuck it in his pocket. The bullet hit the inside the back of his heel, missing his Achilles tendon by a bullet's width, and exited through the sole of his heel. It bled a lot but he said it didn't hurt much. I was there and did crappy first aid with two pieces of gauze, 24" of first aid tape and a torn up t-shirt. This was the incident which taught me the value of having a really good first aid kit in your car. It got the bleeding stopped until we got to the ER, where he spent more time talking to a cop about his GSW than the doctor spent patching him up.

Same guy, a couple of years later, shooting a Ruger Mk III in his backyard. He loaded and charged the gun while pointing it downward then, when preparing to fire, put his finger on the trigger while it was still pointing "generally" downward. The bullet entered his leg just below his knee and traveled down the outside edge of his shinbone and stopped just above his ankle. He said that one hurt like hell and initially felt like his leg exploded. His wife drove him to the ER and he spent half a day talking to cops about his GSW.
    You can't fix stupid.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

Don't think I'd go shooting with him.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Back in the 80's I was shooting IHMSA, had a buddy with a farm. We were practicing in a field 200 yard shots from the back of his truck. Open field with woods behind. After a few shots a guy comes walking out of the trees holding his arm. Christ what did we do, shoot someone, my heart was beating out of my check. Guy comes to us to let us know he was back there. My buddy told him it was his land and he shouldn't be back there. Guy wasn't hit, just holding his arm, scared the shit out of me.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Attachments

• 55784770-7164-4ACB-8BA8-01C8D0FAE1D1.jpeg
      55784770-7164-4ACB-8BA8-01C8D0FAE1D1.jpeg
      714.4 KB · Views: 48
    • 3CB9540D-07C0-48BD-946E-A10E6F51F081.jpeg
      3CB9540D-07C0-48BD-946E-A10E6F51F081.jpeg
      524.9 KB · Views: 47

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    Another “Oops”

Was on a deer hunt in West Texas w/ the exec’s from Clatie Williams’ Bank. Traveling in “style”, we even had a French-Canadian Chef along.

I was paired with an Indian-American Physician Friend, who had a brand-new rifle & scope combo. He was usually a very safety-minded Guy.

In JEEP, me driving, out to blinds, he suddenly insisted that I stop, so he could fire a “trial shot”. I kept telling him that one shouldn’t shoot targetd while on a hunt.

He got worse & worse with his insistence. Demanded to shoot at one big tree, far from camp.

As we were far away from both camp house and all blinds, I finally relented, stopped, and he fired one shot at the tree.

Immediately we heard a bunch of cursing en-Francais, and the Chef came out from behind the same tree, where he had been hunting, too. Seems that the Bank’s VP had told him that he could hunt when finished his Chef duties.

My Indian Doc turned white, and learned a BIG lesson. And, I told him about it for years: “No spurious shooting while hunting; and make sure you know what is BEHIND any target !”

leVieux

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I was driving from Kansas City back to Oregon when I was 18, and I think I was in Wyoming or maybe Nebraska - saw long flowing locks of blonde hair and a skinny waste riding on Harley and thought "Heh cool, chick on a bike" - then I passed them. Fucker had a beard almost down to his belly button - could've been a stand in for a ZZ Top member. That was the first time I realized that dudes can look like girls from behind, without being a tranny.
    Now I'm 6'4" and 280lbs, but I have a biker buddy that makes me look small. He used to drive a gasoline delivery truck in Houston and was unloading at a station on the corner of Montrose and Westheimer. He was standing between the tractor & trailer talking to the station manager when they both saw an "absolutely gorgeous blonde in a tight red short skirt dress", my buddies description, crossing the street and heading their way. The Manager started yelling " get away from us you cross dressing, trannie wh_re". She stopped just at the other side of the truck and asked what the Manager called her. He again said "get away from us you cross dressing, trannie wh_re" to which she hiked up her short skirt to show off her lady part. My buddy said "Oooowee baby how about comin over here and give me a sample of that for free" to which she said " Baby I can't give it away for free.....it cost too much to have it made" My buddy said he quit dating for about 6 months for fear that he would wake up next to Jane he picked up in a bar, that used to be John!! To this very day that situation still haunts him!!!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Just look at their fingers, they can’t ”fix” those.

Men’s fingers have fairly parallel sides.

Women’s fingers mostly taper uniformly.

BUT, when naked, any alterations should be pretty obvious to anyone !

If in doubt, RUN away !

leVieux

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    BUT, when naked, any alterations should be pretty obvious to anyone !
    You know more about this from a medical perspective than I do, obviously, but help me understand.

It's my impression that a while back, before transition surgery was being done by a number of doctors who just want to make a buck, such surgery was only done by a few surgeons who truly felt they were doing God's work. They were extremely dedicated to doing the best job possible.

And the results were often virtually indistinguishable from parts created by nature. IOW, it would take a serious examination by an expert to tell. A casual (or even serious) sex partner would most likely never suspect unless the one with the operation was completely forthcoming.

Genuinely curious, here. I remember reading about one trans woman who like to brag that most doctors, even the ones who saw her naked, never suspected she wasn't born that way. Perhaps Christine Jorgensen? Probably not; she was too famous. Everyone knows she used to be a man.

Still, are you saying that level of competence is not achievable? I don't mean on average; I mean in the best possible case with the most competent surgery and other medical care.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You know more about this from a medical perspective than I do, obviously, but help me understand.

It's my impression that a while back, before transition surgery was being done by a number of doctors who just want to make a buck, such surgery was only done by a few surgeons who truly felt they were doing God's work. They were extremely dedicated to doing the best job possible.

And the results were often virtually indistinguishable from parts created by nature. IOW, it would take a serious examination by an expert to tell. A casual (or even serious) sex partner would most likely never suspect unless the one with the operation was completely forthcoming.

Genuinely curious, here. I remember reading about one trans woman who like to brag that most doctors, even the ones who saw her naked, never suspected she wasn't born that way. Perhaps Christine Jorgensen? Probably not; she was too famous. Everyone knows she used to be a man.

Still, are you saying that level of competence is not achievable? I don't mean on average; I mean in the best possible case with the most competent surgery and other medical care.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Ben,
    I was never directly involved in this area. The closest I came was while on the U T Med Faculty, I served a couple years at UTMB. UTMB was doing those on a few adults back then, not children. The “transitions” require years of hormones plus years of cosmetic and genital surgeries. The ones I can recall were pretty obvious, even fully-clothed from across the room. Even with modern prosthetic materials & devices, there is no way that any of the products would be mistaken on close inspection even by an untrained person. Even Harvard says that “Gender Dysphoria” is a transient Psychiatric condition, and should not be treated with hormones or surgery, but via psychotherapy. Many of the “finished products” change their minds, but there is no way to “go-back”, although some try. I have been told that over 1/4 commit suicide with a few years. Those comments are about adults choosing to do this to themselves. As for “transitioning” children based on parents’ wishes; that is an absolutely horrible idea, and should be a serious CRIME ! Bottom line is that it is all a DELUSION, and that the desired “change” just cannot be achieved successfully. May GOD help the innocent child victims of this perversion ! leVieux

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for the info. Very illuminating.

Just to be clear, my feeling is that there may be a few folks who need to transition but they are so rare that they're statistically nonexistent.

What bothers me these days is "educating" children about this stuff. Pushing any of this discussion to the front of mind for pre-pubescent children is absolutely child abuse.

How did we get this far off topic?' I'm willing to discuss this stuff but elsewhere.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Thanks for the info. Very illuminating.

Just to be clear, my feeling is that there may be a few folks who need to transition but they are so rare that they're statistically nonexistent.

What bothers me these days is "educating" children about this stuff. Pushing any of this discussion to the front of mind for pre-pubescent children is absolutely child abuse.

How did we get this far off topic?' I'm willing to discuss this stuff but elsewhere.

>

I have seen children who were recognizably "confused" at very early ages, w/o obvious family or environmental reason.

BUT,

It would be quite a leap to conclude that even they require a "transition".

Gender is determined by CHROMOSOMES, and nothing else.

One's chromosomes cannot be changed.

Period !

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

To be more brief: As one with extensive education & experience in Human Biology & “Brain Science”; the entire area of “Gender Reassignment” is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE and is severely harming many innocent children.

Search: “Munchausen by Proxy” (syndrome).

We all share “social responsibility” to STOP these great EVILS !

leVieux

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The biggest part of gender confusion is that most people really don't know what being a man or a woman actually entails. We have muddled and corrupted the roles that define the sexes so much that kids today can't understand the differences. Add to that the denigration of men in the MSM and absence of strong male role models in many families....and you get what we get today.

How do you define the roles at their most basic level? What is a man? What is a woman? And how do you explain that to people that were never raised with a good definition of either?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    The biggest part of gender confusion is that most people really don't know what being a man or a woman actually entails. We have muddled and corrupted the roles that define the sexes so much that kids today can't understand the differences. Add to that the denigration of men in the MSM and absence of strong male role models in many families....and you get what we get today.

How do you define the roles at their most basic level? What is a man? What is a woman? And how do you explain that to people that were never raised with a good definition of either?
    I go by the twigs and berries.

Top Bottom