• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Does anyone have one? I'm looking for some firsthand experience, I've been thinking about buying one for a while and would like to hear from what someone who has actually owned and shot one...

2%20Yugo%20M76%20Sniper%208MM%20RI1382-X%201501466.jpg

4%20Yugo%20M76%20Sniper%208MM%20RI1382-X%201501466.jpg

3%20Yugo%20M76%20Sniper%208MM%20RI1382-X%201501466.jpg

Oh, if anyone knows of a good deal on one, I'm open to that as well!~

Cheers! M2
    Military Camp

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    I have one, it's really an awesome weapon. It's the bastard child of an AK-k98k rendezvous, AK action and Mauser barrel with a nifty adjustable gas regulator. But I built mine custom, so I can't really recommend any particular manufacturer (other than a pre-ban Zastava).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have one, it's really an awesome weapon. It's the bastard child of an AK-k98k rendezvous, AK action and Mauser barrel with a nifty adjustable gas regulator. But I built mine custom, so I can't really recommend any particular manufacturer (other than a pre-ban Zastava).

Ya don't wanna sell it by chance, do ya?

Heck, I'd be happy just to see one! I've been looking for two years now, and have yet to lay my eyes on one!

Cheers! M2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've heard that the old ones had a hidden full auto selection.

When they built them, Zastava simply copied the AK and scaled the action and barrel up to 8mm Mauser. They didn't bother redesigning the trigger group, they just changed the selector so it wouldn't fire in full auto.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    A "standard" M76 has no full-auto capability, which is a function of the selector and disconnector. A "standard" M76, including a few contraband US imports, has a "third pin" and sear to keep the rifle from firing out of battery, which would be a catastrophic event with an 8mm round. For some reason known only to them, the ATF decided that the "third pin" and sear, which are really safety features and have zero to do with full auto capability, make an AK an unimportable machinegun. Some were imported with the sear and subsequently declared contraband, but none could fire full-auto without modification of the selector.

Some FFL07 SOT types in the US have converted M76s to full auto, and one guy has even converted old 20rd MG18 mags to use. There's a video on Youtube of him rocking and rolling.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Something about seeing the words "Yugo" and "Sniper Rifle" in the same sentence sounds blasphemous ! Looks fun to shoot though.

Considering all the sniping that went on in and around Sarajevo, I have no problems putting the words "Yugo" and "Sniper Rifle" in the same sentence!

Here's part of a documentary about one using an M76...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, backordered; but thanks for the suggestion! I still hope to catch one out of their next shipment, as they have the best price I could find...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just got an update today J&G sales has the Yugo m76's back in stock.

Yeah, got that as well and contacted my FFL bud to see if I could get it shipped to him. Now all I gotta do is convince the wife to let me buy it!

Thanks for the head's up!
    drinking.gif

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom