• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I changed my plans with this firearm and am going to leave it the way that it is except for a sling adpater and possibly a forearm and a sight.

I have two questions:

First is what to put it in to carry it on board and open SUV, no trunk. The only thing tht I can think of is a bug out / 3day pack where I can keep extra mags.

I need some thoughts or examples of where to store the M92.?

Second is if I am pulled over and for whatever reaons my vehicle is searched.

How do I explain why I have it?

20151106_212955_zpsekruawh8.jpg
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's a pistol, so as long as it's concealed, there should be no question about why you have it.

Technically, if you can find a holster for it, you can open or conceal carry it.

As for what to carry it in, any bag that it will fit in will do.

Cheers! M2

p.s Like the M76 grip on it, but like every other AK pistol, it really needs to be SBR'd to be an effective weapon.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am struggling with this problem as well.

Any thing I find to put my AR pistol in looks like something that might be of value, which defeats the purpose
    of trying to make it look like something it is not.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I dealt with the same problems with that exact firearm. My plan was to continue with concealed 9mm carry and if the predicted social breakdown happened, carry more powerful and high capacity firearms. That's when the AK pistol came into play with its 7.62x39 round and 30 round magazine. I got a carry fixture that bolts under the pistol grip. It provides a rear carry attachment point. There is a small attachment point forward, too.

I bought one point and two point carry slings and the plan was to OC that AK using one of those slings. A knowledgeable friend corrected me. A sling is not legal OC for an AK pistol. The "pistol" needs to be carried on a belt holster or in a shoulder holster. An enterprising designer could make a fortune making a legal holster for this firearm because, to my knowledge, none exists!

I scrapped that plan, got two shoulder holsters sized to fit full size .40caliber and .45 caliber high capacity semi auto pistols. Academy has a Glock 21 that I'm going to snag as soon as I eat breakfast. One shoulder holster has provision for two extra magazines. That brings a combined capacity of almost 50 rounds and I got my more powerful round, too. I can carry those holsters openly or cover them with the leather vests that I got.

I bought several Leather vests, but they fit snugly and they're too damned hot! I got some "vest snap extenders" which open the front of the vest, loosen the fit and circulate some air. Those extenders are great!

SO....the problem isn't solved on the AK pistol, but I went a different way to get what I wanted.

Edit....The Glock 21 choice became an OOPS! That pistol is too large for either one of my shoulder holsters. The Glock 21 Gen 4 is over $650 so I saved a lot of money!

Flash

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It's a pistol, so as long as it's concealed, there should be no question about why you have it.

Technically, if you can find a holster for it, you can open or conceal carry it.

As for what to carry it in, any bag that it will fit in will do.

Cheers! M2

p.s Like the M76 grip on it, but like every other AK pistol, it really needs to be SBR'd to be an effective weapon.

I changed my mind on doing the SBR to it simply because of the cost. At the moment I cannot justify dumping a grand into this one AL pistol when I have three AR builds going on. SO I am going to get it fixed up to use it with a sling and change out the wood and put on a Midwest forearm or something like it.

When I have more funds I might go at it again with the SBR. I know that the rules are changing and that I will have to have all of the silly government stuff done to get a SBR made but whatever.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am struggling with this problem as well.

Any thing I find to put my AR pistol in looks like something that might be of value, which defeats the purpose
    of trying to make it look like something it is not.

I have a tool bag that is originally for a sawzall. I think it will fit and there a couple places to keep a variety of spare mags in there as well. I might check Harbor Freight or Northern Tool of an even larger tougher tool bag in the same configuration.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I dealt with the same problems with that exact firearm. My plan was to continue with concealed 9mm carry and if the predicted social breakdown happened, carry more powerful and high capacity firearms. That's when the AK pistol came into play with its 7.62x39 round and 30 round magazine. I got a carry fixture that bolts under the pistol grip. It provides a rear carry attachment point. There is a small attachment point forward, too.

I bought one point and two point carry slings and the plan was to OC that AK using one of those slings. A knowledgeable friend corrected me. A sling is not legal OC for an AK pistol. The "pistol" needs to be carried on a belt holster or in a shoulder holster. An enterprising designer could make a fortune making a legal holster for this firearm because, to my knowledge, none exists!

I scrapped that plan, got two shoulder holsters sized to fit full size .40caliber and .45 caliber high capacity semi auto pistols. Academy has a Glock 21 that I'm going to snag as soon as I eat breakfast. One shoulder holster has provision for two extra magazines. That brings a combined capacity of almost 50 rounds and I got my more powerful round, too. I can carry those holsters openly or cover them with the leather vests that I got.

I bought several Leather vests, but they fit snugly and they're too damned hot! I got some "vest snap extenders" which open the front of the vest, loosen the fit and circulate some air. Those extenders are great!

SO....the problem isn't solved on the AK pistol, but I went a different way to get what I wanted.

Flash

Well you're going to be armed to the teeth! I like it!. I too have a G21 and love shooting that thing. FWIW Arrarndo (sp) has/had a magazine extension that I bought ($30) that adds four rounds to the 13 round mag for a total of 17+1. They are heavy and start to become a bit long when concealing. But have 18 rounds of 45ACP HST 230gr +P ready to go is a nice feeling. They pop right into my G30's as well. :)

Yes it would be awesome to have a belt holster of the Krinks. I nice clam shell retainer that could allow the pistol to be pulled out through the front be a design I would want. If made as a one off I'm sure it would be very expensive.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    IIRC the pistol is 20" long and has a similar size receiver to other AK's

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Well you're going to be armed to the teeth! I like it!. I too have a G21 and love shooting that thing. FWIW Arrarndo (sp) has/had a magazine extension that I bought ($30) that adds four rounds to the 13 round mag for a total of 17+1. They are heavy and start to become a bit long when concealing. But have 18 rounds of 45ACP HST 230gr +P ready to go is a nice feeling. They pop right into my G30's as well.

I've had a Glock 21 for many years but I bought it used. I'll only carry pistols that were bought brand new from an FFL dealer. Since I had the old G21, I was able to try it in the shoulder holsters. Like the OJ Simpson glove.....not a chance!

So, I saved the $650+. The plan went bust.

Gonna stick with the Glock 22 in 40 caliber.

Flash

Yes it would be awesome to have a belt holster of the Krinks. I nice clam shell retainer that could allow the pistol to be pulled out through the front be a design I would want. If made as a one off I'm sure it would be very expensive.

To my knowledge, nothing like that is currently available

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Top Bottom