• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I would like to hear your thoughts on this incident on your next radio show.

Man shot, killed by off-duty Bexar County deputy identified | News - Home

Not throwing rocks at cops, but this story is applicable to all people carrying weapons. When armed it raises the states of any argument or pi**ing contest. It is incumbent on all of us that carry to maintain and extra level of calmness and recognize when we are reaching that level of anger where rationality is lost. Even a trained peace officer, it seems, innocent until proven guilty, is susceptible.

What is the LEO perspective on this? How do you guys control your emotions in situations like this. Thanks for your service and the show.

Scott from Spring Branch

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How do you know this story is applicable to all people carrying weapons? How do you know it has anything to do with pissing contests? Perhaps the dead guy just attacked the deputy? It COULD have been an argument, but we do not know ANYTHING really, based on that article.

It appears to me you are making many assumptions, and that those are that the deputy somehow is at fault.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Too little information to make any logical conclusion or voice an opinion as to what transpired....

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    I would like to hear your thoughts on this incident on your next radio show.

Man shot, killed by off-duty Bexar County deputy identified | News - Home

Not throwing rocks at cops, but this story is applicable to all people carrying weapons. When armed it raises the states of any argument or pi**ing contest. It is incumbent on all of us that carry to maintain and extra level of calmness and recognize when we are reaching that level of anger where rationality is lost. Even a trained peace officer, it seems, innocent until proven guilty, is susceptible.

What is the LEO perspective on this? How do you guys control your emotions in situations like this. Thanks for your service and the show.

Scott from Spring Branch

Not enough information as other have said at this time. But once we have more info, our LE contributor, Jason, might be in a better position to comment than me or Jeff. Listen in tomorrow and we'll try to cover it.

Top Bottom