• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I keep seeing Facebook posts about how he will still have to be judged by god.

Besides the fact that anyone who is religious likely believes that EVERYONE will be judged, I don't ever remember reading anything that said defending your life would get you an eternity in hell.

It also seems that all those responsible for the one sided news coverage would have some explaining to do when they are standing in line at the pearly gates. Along with all those who chose to listen to them and throw stones at an innocent man.

Some of them might be basing their thoughts on a mis-translation. It's not actually "shall not kill". It's "shall not murder". Huuuuuuuge difference.
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There seems to still be many people under the impression that TM was defending himself against GZ. I actually saw a clip where a mother said she would tell her sons they need to stand their ground like TM did... What the hell is wrong with people? First of all, the lesson from all of this should be to avoid confrontation; not engage in it. Second, being on top of someone pummeling them into the ground is not self defense. If you have to hit someone to stop an assault that's all well and good, but as soon as the person is on the ground and you hit them while they are down you have gone beyond defending yourself.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There seems to still be many people under the impression that TM was defending himself against GZ. I actually saw a clip where a mother said she would tell her sons they need to stand their ground like TM did... What the hell is wrong with people? First of all, the lesson from all of this should be to avoid confrontation; not engage in it. Second, being on top of someone pummeling them into the ground is not self defense. If you have to hit someone to stop an assault that's all well and good, but as soon as the person is on the ground and you hit them while they are down you have gone beyond defending yourself.

As was the mantra with the gun control debate.... "Don't confuse them with the facts, they've already made up their minds."

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I have noticed a lot of strange talk about standing your ground from the Trayvonettes. Not sure how standing your ground translates into jumping on and beating anyone you suspect of 'profiling' you.

It's sad that the most obvious lesson ; don't assault people because you might get shot, has been lost in the hysteria.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have noticed a lot of strange talk about standing your ground from the Trayvonettes. Not sure how standing your ground translates into jumping on and beating anyone you suspect of 'profiling' you.

It's sad that the most obvious lesson ; don't assault people because you might get shot, has been lost in the hysteria.

The Trayvonettes!!! :cool:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The change promised 5 years ago continues unabated. The divisions in the country are getting worse and worse. America is being fundamentally metamorphosed in front of our eyes.

This is just the latest and most visible results of that.

Top Bottom