• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Apparently, Houston is not immune to the hysteria sweeping the nation’s traditional Riot Zones. Last night a bunch of urban thugs, dissatisfied with the Zimmerman jury's decision regarding the justified shooting of a fellow urban thug, decided to shut down a major freeway in Houston!

Why is this a problem? No one was hurt. I point out thatthis may have been a dry run to see what would happen. In round two, these urban thugs may decide to pull a few select people out of their cars and burn them and their cars.

The first issue is that they got away with it last night. The police stood by and did nothing. The message that has been sent is twofold,

1 The urban thugs now know they can shut down amajor freeway and do whatever they want.

2 Law enforcement isn’t going to do anything oreven be able to do anything about the event until it’s too late for the victimsof the violence.

Why should we, as commuters be concerned about this?

1. When the freeways stop moving and you are onthem, your maneuver options are severely limited. You may not be able to simply get off thefreeway and drive away form the danger.

2. The Law Enforcement cannot get to the scene asthe roads that their vehicles travel on are also blocked.

3. There is nowhere for you to go. Even if you attempt egress on foot, you will be traveling through the neighborhoods of the urban thugs who have closed thefreeways down and are committing violence.

4. If you work downtown, the roads out of downtownlead through some of the very neighborhoods that the urban thugs came from.

5. If your commute takes you through downtown or onthe freeways, be aware of what is happening in front of you. Be prepared to get off the freeways and havea route planned to get you away from the violence and the road blocks.

6. Expect the unexpected. As silly as this sounds, live by it. STAY ALERT!

Everyone must stay alert and prepare yourselves and your families for what is coming in the next few days. If violence does erupt, have a plan. Listen to 740 and other news stations. Make sure your families stay out of thedanger zones i.e. no trips to the malls that take them on these freeways.

Have a bug-out kit with weapons of sufficient effectivenes, sufficient ammo and spare batteries for your phones.

Understand, the self defense laws and use avoidance ratherthan confrontation with these people.

Hundreds of Trayvon Martin protesters shut down Houston freeway [pics, video]; Update: Oakland, too | Twitchy

Trayvon Martin Protest in Houston, Texas shuts down the highway! July 15, 2013 pt.1 - YouTube

Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Not one of them watched the trial or listened to the evidence....

The President and Holder need this as a distraction from all the scandals....

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The problem is that most people who drive on the freeways tend to forget that the freeways are very soft targets and that said soft targets run through bad areas. Think about it, if you are stopped in this traffic and the protest turns violent, are you prepared? Are you armed with enough firepower to get yourself and your family out?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The problem is that most people who drive on the freeways tend to forget that the freeways are very soft targets and that said soft targets run through bad areas. Think about it, if you are stopped in this traffic and the protest turns violent, are you prepared? Are you armed with enough firepower to get yourself and your family out?

Yes, I am. I would venture to guess that most are not.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Commuting through Houston daily, one of the things I do is run Waze on my smartphone. Houston has quite a few Wazers, they have saved my ass a number of times with road debris. I'm pretty sure other users will alert on this type of activity.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX

I guess 4 hours of fire power would be sufficient AKA enough for a range trip.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Commuting through Houston daily, one of the things I do is run Waze on my smartphone. Houston has quite a few Wazers, they have saved my ass a number of times with road debris. I'm pretty sure other users will alert on this type of activity.

Please explain "Waze" to us dummies....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's a pretty scary sight. I'm surprised people had their windows rolled down. I won't speculate what I would do if I was in that person's position. But I would be very concerned and wanting out of their asap.

SC, do you know how the traffic was stopped intially at the front?

Up here in DFW there is a large group of sportbike riders that gather and shut down certain freeways by just stopping in the middle of the road. They begin doing trick riding and stunts. LEOs can't do anything and traffic gets backed up. It has happened a few years in a row now. Probably the only reason there hasn't been violence is the drivers that are stuck have not raised the level of conflict and have just sat there, stumped. Considering these protestors are motivated by a racially charged case, politics and everyday BS is at an all time high, I predict these things are going to go sideways in a real hurry. I'm sure our POTUS is sitting up there happy as a clam at the chaos he's helped create.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I don't normally carry that much ammo on a regular basis.

I hate to say it, but you should be. How many mags is enough?

a 40 and a 30?

6 mags?

My first reaction is "This ain't the Moge or A-Stan" . . . . . but . . . .

It sounds like crazy talk until you watch that video and then watch some riot videos.

It sounds like crazy talk until you watch that video and then watch some riot videos.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm taking my 226 and 6 mags everyday till this simmers down I don't live or work far from the hood but my hoods mostly Hispanic and working class the thugs have to go through them first to get to me and my job.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That's a pretty scary sight. I'm surprised people had their windows rolled down. I won't speculate what I would do if I was in that person's position. But I would be very concerned and wanting out of their asap.

SC, do you know how the traffic was stopped intially at the front?

I have no idea. Probably people running into traffic with their bodies. i see people running across Houston freeways all the time

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Hmm. Kind of funny......A couple.days back somebody asked what people were doing and.they got ridiculed as if they were looking for trouble or wanting it to happen.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Man, imagine having to poop and being stuck in that traffic jam because of these assholes.

Hmm. Kind of funny......A couple.days back somebody asked what people were doing and.they got ridiculed as if they were looking for trouble or wanting it to happen.

I admit I was partially wrong. /shrug

I'm still carrying my extra mag with me.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    Why hasn't HPD, Harris County Constable Pct 7, or TxDOT/DPS given an answer as to why no one has been held responsible for this? I'm all for peaceful protesting, demonstrations, etc, but geesh, the venue, they blocked one of the major highways in and out of the Medical Center!! It's a very critical area to our city and the world since a lot of people even outside of the country come here for medical attention.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Because, the Mayor's, the police chief's, the constable and the Sherriff's consituents are the ones doing the looting . . uh, I mean the protesting

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Please explain "Waze" to us dummies....

Google said:
    waze is a free mobile navigation application for your iphone or android that allows drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn

Wikipedia said:
    Waze differs from traditional GPS navigation software as it is a community-driven application which gathers map data and other information from users and learns from users' driving times to provide routing and real-time traffic updates.[SUP][/SUP] It is free to download and use. People can report accidents, traffic jams, speed and police traps, and can update roads, landmarks, house numbers, etc. Waze also identifies the cheapest fuel station near a user or along their route. As of January 2012, the app had been downloaded 12 million times worldwide.In July 2012 Waze announced that it had reached 20 million users, half of them recruited in the previous six months. According to Yahoo! there were nearly 50 million Waze users as of June 2013.[SUP][/SUP]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom