• PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    BOS didn't help a damned bit. Did it?
    1711852166725.png

@Vaquero, if this thread turns into another BOS dumpster fire you will only have yourself to blame.
    DK Firearms

rsrocket1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2020
    DFW
    Hello Moonpie. A couple of things. Rimfire ammo tends to be very dirty. I have a SW22-A1 which tends to start misfiring after a couple hundred rounds with certain ammo, Federal bulk blue box being the worst. After a bunch of testing, I found that fouling of the chamber, even ever so slightly causes the rounds to not chamber 100% by a couple mils. This is enough for the rim to absorb the striker blow and bend rather than transfer the shock to the primer compound if it was tightly against the barrel face (or cylinder in your case). The strike marks looked good but maybe too deep. I get the same look from misfired center fire primer strikes where the primer wasn't seated deep enough.

If you still have your gun and haven't thrown it into a creek, the next time you start getting misfires, try running a bore snake through the cylinders or give it a cleaning and see if you get 100% ignition again. That doesn't help much because you'll conclude that the gun is only reliable for a limited number of shots before it needs cleaning.

The other thing is in my experience, S&W is pretty good with electronic filing of rebates. Last summer I bought an M&P 2.0 10mm gun and filed the form electronically on my phone while I was still in the store and got a confirmation from them before I left the store and got the $100 debit card within a couple weeks.

Hope everything works out.

Top Bottom