• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Since January I've lost 25 lbs. From 375 to 350. Considering that I'm damn near immobile I think that's pretty damn good.

My goal is to get under 300, ideally I'd like to lose another 100 but I don't know if that's actually possible.
    Try one of the drugs like victoza.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Since January I've lost 25 lbs. From 375 to 350. Considering that I'm damn near immobile I think that's pretty damn good.

My goal is to get under 300, ideally I'd like to lose another 100 but I don't know if that's actually possible.
    You have shown resolve. Getting under 300 is no hill for a climber. Marines are climbers! Stay with it. Your an inspiration.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got up to 350 plus once. Was close to immobile. It took a while and several surgeries but I didn't give up and eventually my body git to a place where it was responding.

The secret for me was that I could do about 15 to 30 min of activity a day because of pain. I decided to use that whole time for walking. That and the meds and eventually I got down to a Normal weight. About 205 and off all my diabetic meds except victoza. The weight loss is slow but it was steady.

Keep it up.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Set two goals for yourself; one short-term & the other long term.

Small successes add confidence to keep going.

I lost from 248 to 185, and am back on a program from U T trying to get rid of the last 25#, at age 80.

This is the 4th time in life I’ve had major weight losses. ’’Modification Programs’’ are better than ‘’diets’’ for long-term.

Good Luck !

<>

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My doctor mention putting me on Ozempic. I was pretty disappointed in myself in only loose 11 pounds in 3 months. Then again I seen my doctor the 5 of July & had pigged out pretty good on the 4th.
    Eleven pounds in three months is danged good.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.

Excelent, any downward movement is an improvement, but 25# is great. Just keep doing what your doing. Thanksgiving and the holidays are always a chalange, but you have 4 months to go and you clearly have the will power workin for you.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

Outstanding and congrats!

What's your method?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Outstanding and congrats!

What's your method?

Basically I'm eating less.

Walking is out, just a trip around Walmart has me beat due to the pain.
    Standing is even worse. Just taking a shower puts me in the hurt locker all day.
    Arthritis in both shoulders.

What I really need is a therapy pool to walk around in. The VA has one that sits unused 85% of the time. But there are no open times where one can just exercise in the pool. Your doctor has to refer you and then it's 1-2 times a week for four weeks. During that time you only spend half of it walking. The rest is stretching and stuff.

I need something I can hit 3-5 times a week for an hour or two a day. But I've found nothing available around here. There's a place down in Gun Barrel city, but even then, it's only available for short amounts of time during the week, and it's 40 minutes each way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom