• ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    FIFY
    But seriously, either is pretty much a hand load only option, whereas PRC ammo can be bought off the shelf pretty easily.

There are several reasons people don't shoot the 264 Win Mag although it's a cool cartridge.

Serious shooters load their own.
    Fun Factoid!

And if you're not a serious shooter there is really no reason to own a PRC since it was designed as a specialty cartridge and there are several others that already do the same thing. That is unless you're a serious tinker type that needs something else to tinker with.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

TexasHorn7

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2023
    Dallas
    OK. I got my Tikka out on the range a couple of times. Both times, I have been disappointed with the velocities considering a 143g class bullet is not exactly a sledgehammer.

It is basically a 6.5 Creedmore +P. If you are considering replacing a 6.5 CM for hunting, it has value. If you want a 270 replacement, nope.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    OK. I got my Tikka out on the range a couple of times. Both times, I have been disappointed with the velocities considering a 143g class bullet is not exactly a sledgehammer.

It is basically a 6.5 Creedmore +P. If you are considering replacing a 6.5 CM for hunting, it has value. If you want a 270 replacement, nope.

The same could be said for the 6.5 PRC, at least with factory ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom