• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    As a Realtor with an LEO education (long story), I can tell you that 'squatters' are becoming an issue in Texas due to lazy cops not wanting to enforce the law - 'squatters' or anybody trying to get adverse possession of a property are specifically referred to as criminal trespassers in the Property Code - but the bigger issue is City Attorneys and County Attorneys telling the local LEOs to not enforce the law and arrest said criminal trespassers, or even 'trespass' them and tell them to leave!
    I had this happen to a client - he purchased a foreclosure that had been abandoned by the prior owner - a squatter moved in and was operating a brothel out of the place! The cops refused to do anything about it! The squatter didn't even have a fake lease, he just refused to open the door for the cops and the cops told the owner, "It's a civil matter, you have to evict him."

Eli

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    And the cops that arrested her are just as guilty as the squatters....
    Speaking of squatters, are we about to see a squatter epidemic? Media outlets have been talking a lot...deSantis signed a new law to address it, and then I see THIS GUY.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    It's bullshit our scumbag politians agreed to fix this under Reagan and then did exactly what they always do renig on their agreement. And we let them get away with it. It's just depressing.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    She got a mailing from the (new?) WWII museum. Said maybe we should go see it. In NOLA - you kidding?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I love Chicago style deep dish pizza. But it's not pizza. It's some sort of cheese/meat/sauce/dough casserole.

Delish, yes, but not pizza.
    Yes, that was my impression too. Wife and I went to Lou Malnatis in Chicago for pizza 4 or 5 years ago because their pizza was supposed to be so good.. I did‘t like it. Not one bit. Too bready and not much of the flavorful stuff. To me it’s not pizza. I suppose it’s kinda like that chocolate soupy speghetti thing in Cincinatt that they try and pass off as chili. NY pizza is good, I really like it. We had Lombardies, which is the oldest pizzeria in the US, and I’d highly recommend it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, that was my impression too. Wife and I went to Lou Malnatis in Chicago for pizza 4 or 5 years ago because their pizza was supposed to be so good.. I did‘t like it. Not one bit. Too bready and not much of the flavorful stuff. To me it’s not pizza. I suppose it’s kinda like that chocolate soupy speghetti thing in Cincinatt that they try and pass off as chili. NY pizza is good, I really like it. We had Lombardies, which is the oldest pizzeria in the US, and I’d highly recommend it.
    the best pizza i remember from when i was young was shakey's around houston sadl most are gone now!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakey's_Pizza

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I suppose it’s kinda like that chocolate soupy speghetti thing in Cincinatt that they try and pass off as chili.
    That stuff is an abomination. Putting chocolate and cinnamon in a pot of ground beef simmering in some sort of flavorless sauce and then calling it "chili" when they ladle it over spaghetti is a crime against humanity. I used to spend a lot of time in Cincinnati on business and found myself in one of those places. I didn't have any idea what it was but chili over spaghetti didn't sound bad. When I actually got the stuff, well, I choked it down but I never made that mistake again.

What astonished me were the people who were connoisseurs. There were elaborate variations on the basic theme with a pound of cheese or onions or other stuff layered on top. All I can say is that there are days when it's smart to have an emesis bag as part of your EDC.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    And? Acquitted on all murder/assault charges. Guilty on criminal possession of unlicensed firearm. 1 year, out after 6 mos.
    That was not all, there was the civil case:

"The jury found that Goetz had acted recklessly and had deliberately inflicted emotional distress on Cabey. Jurors awarded Cabey $43 million–$18 million for pain and suffering and $25 million in punitive damages.[78] Goetz subsequently filed for bankruptcy, saying that legal expenses had left him almost penniless. A United States bankruptcy court judge ruled that the $43 million judgment was nondischargeable.[79]" Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting By the way nodischargeable means the the award to Cabey stood regardless of Goetz filing for bankruptcy. Despite that Goetz claimed in 2004 that he probably had not paid a penny..

• Wow
    Reactions: Eli
    Top Bottom