• ...and so much more!
  • TxRiverman

Lord Master and Commander
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    Remington is hands down my choice for worst. A few years ago I bought a Remington Sendero with the idea to do some light mods to increase accuracy. Bought the gun from cabelas and took it straight down to Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels. They called me back about 10 days later to tell me that the it wouldn’t chamber a round because the chamber was cut 0.035 out of round and upon further investigation the barrel was also 0.060 outa straight. Shitty thing was Remington would not warranty this rifle. I’ll buy a cheap Chinese knockoff POS before I buy a remington again
    ARJ Defense ad

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Keep in mind that the Remington brand and factory was sold in 2021. The Ilion, NY plant is being closed and moved to Georgia. Early reports were that new guns still being made with existing parts were having the same quality issues that Remington was having as it slumped into bankruptcy, but it is hoped that those issues will be resolved.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Remington is hands down my choice for worst. A few years ago I bought a Remington Sendero with the idea to do some light mods to increase accuracy. Bought the gun from cabelas and took it straight down to Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels. They called me back about 10 days later to tell me that the it wouldn’t chamber a round because the chamber was cut 0.035 out of round and upon further investigation the barrel was also 0.060 outa straight. Shitty thing was Remington would not warranty this rifle. I’ll buy a cheap Chinese knockoff POS before I buy a remington again
    That's a pretty bold statement when you have the likes of Taurus & Jiminez Arms out there making guns.
    But I see your point

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There are many.
    AMT, Taurus, Chiappa, PSA, to name a few.
    Even the big ones turn out lemons from time to time.
    I purchased a brand new Ruger Vaquero in .45Colt. Said so right there on the frame. It had a .44magnum chambered cylinder in it.
    Another time I purchased a brand new Marlin 1894. I even cut the sealing tape on the packaging. As new as it could be. It flat would not cycle rounds. Marlin corrected it quickly but sending a brand spanking new gun back sucked.
    On e I purchased a brand new Colt 1911. Expensive model with all manner of extra mods. Junk. Wouldn’t run for anything.
    You never know.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    That's a pretty bold statement when you have the likes of Taurus & Jiminez Arms out there making guns.
    But I see your point
    Raven sold 2 million cheap guns, manufactured in the US to sidestep parts of the 1968 gun control act. Sometimes they fired, sometimes not, occasionally the barrels exploded. For under $100, what dI’d you expect?
    My vote is Raven (now defunct).

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I'd have to go with Century Arms. They screwed up more Cetme's, AKs, G3's, and FALs that I was actually starting to wonder if they were part of the .gov demil team. Over/under pressed barrels, defaulting to +4 or + 8 rollers, canted barrels, crap receivers, you name it. They kept a lot of gunsmiths in business fixing their mistakes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One of the biggest problems with the American firearms industry is they are so big the have to fill quotas when hiring people.

I recently bought a Colt lower. The receiver extension was crossed threaded. I call Colt and got hung up on the first time. When I did get though I thought I was talking to the White House press secretary.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    One of the biggest problems with the American firearms industry is they are so big the have to fill quotas when hiring people.

I recently bought a Colt lower. The receiver extension was crossed threaded. I call Colt and got hung up on the first time. When I did get though I thought I was talking to the White House press secretary.
    I can almost guarantee Colt contracts out all of it's AR parts.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom