Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No mention of RG?

I've got an RG revolver that I will almost certainly bring with me the next time I get to a TGT Family Reunion. I'll put it on the prize table but I seriously doubt anyone will choose it over a T-shirt.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Auto-Ordnance / Kahr, is manufacturing shelf queens, or show guns, not intended for use with live ammo.

I worked on a new, current production, 1928A-1 Auto-Ordnance/ Kahr recently. The machining was horrendous. The fire control parts were not hardened correctly and were grossly misaligned. Dealing with the parts department at Kahr proved to be the one thing more F-ed up than the machining on the gun. After 8 months, numerous calls, emails, and one nasty letter, parts were " manufactured" locally.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You guessed wrong
    Then your comment about the barrel doesn’t make sense.

I mean, you could argue about lack of chrome lining but that has its own drawbacks. You should criticize PSA for being the rifle of peasants and losers, but it doesn’t make sense to go after barrel wear when mag dumping full auto which will eat the throat out of any rifle pretty quick.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Do or have you actually owned any, or are you just parroting what you read on the Internet?

I have several, and not only have they performed flawlessly (minus a 1980s revolver I inherited), they outperform many other pistols that cost a lot more.

Sure, I don't EDC one; but I'd have no reservations doing so if it was my only choice.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd have to go with Century Arms. They screwed up more Cetme's, AKs, G3's, and FALs that I was actually starting to wonder if they were part of the .gov demil team. Over/under pressed barrels, defaulting to +4 or + 8 rollers, canted barrels, crap receivers, you name it. They kept a lot of gunsmiths in business fixing their mistakes.

Concur. I have one of their early AKs, and while there is a lot to like about it, they skimped on some pretty important areas which make it a ticking time bomb...

They also butchered the build of a M70AB2 I have, and did a pretty poor job of fixing the badly canted front site that would have never passed a QC check elsewhere (I don't think Century actually does a QC on their products!).

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Then your comment about the barrel doesn’t make sense.

I mean, you could argue about lack of chrome lining but that has its own drawbacks. You should criticize PSA for being the rifle of peasants and losers, but it doesn’t make sense to go after barrel wear when mag dumping full auto which will eat the throat out of any rifle pretty quick.
    I'm just here to make PSA fanbois heads explode. I don't care how I have to accomplish it.

PSA is for faggots. Is that better?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm just here to make PSA fanbois heads explode. I don't care how I have to accomplish it.

PSA is for faggots. Is that better?

I don’t think that’s fair. Lots of fags can afford to buy a quality rifle. PSA is just for shitty poor people. They buy their off brand DPMS knockoffs and then go online and act like they got an amazing deal. When really they just got a vaguely rifle shaped pile of scrap metal. Shit like that is why I can’t stand the poors.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    re: Raven .25 auto
    One of these came to me in a trade deal.
    It was brand new in the box.
    Took it to the range. For about the first 20 rds it shot great. Then the groups went to pattern size. The soft metal of the rifling was literally eroded away by 30rds. But the gun kept on running. It never choked.
    For what they cost at the time it wasn’t a surprise. People who wanted a gun that would rarely if ever be fired was the market.
    The little thing was kinda fun to shoot.

Top Bottom