• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    With no stock, you can conceal carry a 553P. Just fits in some soft side attache cases. :) Wouldn't that freak some gun control nuts out!

Haven't see a straight handle, so unfortunately I can't help there. Good luck.
    DK Firearms

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The really nice thing is with the stock folded it's the same length as the pistol. Just a little thicker. Pull it out of the case/bag, unfold stock and you're ready for FergudishuBaltimoreLosAngeles rioting.

You can fire it while folded too. Unlike the AR folding buffer tubes.

I saw an interesting backpack that you could store a SG552/553 inside. It looks like an ordinary student backpack, but when you unzip it and pull it over your head it becomes a tactical vest with mag pouches and the weapon is strapped to your chest.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Nice! Do you happen to recall manufacturer name or the site where you saw this?

I think this was it, made by a company called Snigeldesign?? Never really heard of them and they seem to be based in Sweden.

BPC-08B-75.jpg

covert-bagpack-snigel-design.jpg

5524-thickbox_default.jpg

d16cbc0a0967f8cfb1e7c9bca72451b7.jpg

Dunno whether it's good or a piece of crap or what but a SG553 (with or without a stock) would be just the right size for it.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That looks interesting. Thanks much for digging up the info. I did a search but could only find conventional backpack rigs, nothing like this one.

I'll see if I can track down a current source.

Thanks again.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Found a couple of European stores listing it. One store may not sell except to LEO's. About 400 euros. Very nice, but a tad pricey right now.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Do you know how the lower was classified on the ATF form when you purchased it? You would want to ensure it was not classified as a rifle. It should not have been, but sometimes mistakes are made.

email answer from Runner RUnner:

"All lowers are recorded as other. That means you may build your lower into a pistol or you may build it into a rifle. It is your choice. "

Top Bottom