Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hospice ends in death.
    Usually within two weeks the patient is dead due to the constant
    morphine doses.
    Abortion is murder.
    <>

Yes, BUT: ALL life ends in Death.

A referral to hospice means that those involved have recognized that further ‘’treatment’’ would be futile; and it is time to switch from lifesaving but often brutal therapies to giving support & comfort to a dying person.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm a Jew, we value life.

Eli
    <>

Most modern Christian ‘’Ethics’’ came from ancient Jewish principles.

Indeed, much or what Jesus taught came directly from Jewish scripture & tradition.

This shouldn’t be any ‘’issue’’ for us here & now.

Thank you for participating & speaking.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    ...and when we specifically leave the instructions: No intubation and/or DNR that otherwise may save our lives, are we condoning suicide?
    <>

No, we are following patients’ wishes.

Sometimes these are given directly to Medical Personnel & other times relayed via next-of-kin. Even then; there is no ‘’DNR’’ order if there is a significant chance of recovery.

Allowing an ill or injured person to control their therapy is not ‘’condoning suicide’’.

We must follow ‘’informed consent’’ laws.

<>

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    ...and when we specifically leave the instructions: No intubation and/or DNR that otherwise may save our lives, are we condoning suicide?
    No. I don't think anyone considers the preference of being allowed to die naturally as suicide.

Those of us having a Living Will for medical instructions, its purpose generally is to communicate our wish for being allowed to die naturally, without machines performing basic life sustaining functions (e.g. breathing, pumping blood) prolonging a terminal condition and impending death.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I can answer this somewhat.
    My 82-year-old mother has Lewy Body Dementia. She knows it's going to kill her - or, more properly, complications from it are. She hates this disease - it's what Robin Williams had and committed suicide to escape - and my mother doesn't want to live as an invalid any longer than she has to. She's not suicidal, but she has a DNR in place because it just doesn't make sense to prolong her life any more at this point.
    A DNR isn't suicide, it's simply allowing nature to take its course when quality of life is substantially reduced.

Eli

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My grandfather on my dad’s side was from Sweden. IIRC if your child had a genetic disease the child would not qualify for socialized medical. The health care was your direct responsibility. This had people aborting kids. If two adults were to marry and they both had a genetic disease no healthcare for the offspring.

My grandfather’s had a sister who stayed in Sweden. I can’t remember what disease she had but she never married or had kids. When she died the subject of her estate came up. Albert for some reason wasn’t interested in going to claim it. I told him if he wanted I would go with him to Sweden, he declined going.

• Angry
    Reactions: Eli

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    A DNR isn't suicide, it's simply allowing nature to take its course when quality of life is substantially reduced.
    My Father had a DNR order in place while he was hospitalized, and it carried over when he was transported home under hospice care. Not that hospice really did anything after he arrived home, other than call the county Coroner after he passed a few, very short hours later. And while I understand and will absolutely honor a DNR, it almost pisses me off. As a type of selfishness on my part, it almost feels like they are just taking the easy way out. Now, if I'm completely honest with myself, I know that that is not the case at all. A body can only take so much before the brain just can't take it anymore. Whether it be pain, inability to control the mind and thought processes, or inability to control the body itself, sometimes the mind, body, and soul just gives up to stop the attacks on it/them.

And while I won't, at the this time, participate in, or condone, any type of suicide. I can understand, to a degree, the idea of suicide in very few and very limited scenarios

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What do y'all think?
    In a free and informed society?
    iu

There are people in Canada arguing that 12 year olds are capable of making that choice.
    ...and that's why the government can't be involved. I don't want the 80% of medical practitioners that are leftists and marginally competent to be involved either, but I doubt I'll ever make enough money to actually get the good ones. A DNI will have to suffice for me. Would pair it with a DNR, but many of that 80% take a DNR to mean not even providing basic CPR.

Governments are here to support the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness, not enable the taking of those things away.
    iu

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    In a free and informed society?
    iu

...and that's why the government can't be involved. I don't want the 80% of medical practitioners that are leftists and marginally competent to be involved either, but I doubt I'll ever make enough money to actually get the good ones. A DNI will have to suffice for me. Would pair it with a DNR, but many of that 80% take a DNR to mean not even providing basic CPR.

iu
    marginally competent imo you are being overly generous!

bigbigtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2013
    Cowtown
    It's already here.

States Where Medical Aid in Dying is Already Legally Authorized

Oregon
    Washington
    Montana
    Vermont
    California
    Colorado
    Washington D.C.
    Hawai‘i
    New Jersey
    Maine
    New Mexico

More info:

Even more.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

No, we are following patients’ wishes.

Sometimes these are given directly to Medical Personnel & other times relayed via next-of-kin. Even then; there is no ‘’DNR’’ order if there is a significant chance of recovery.

Allowing an ill or injured person to control their therapy is not ‘’condoning suicide’’.

We must follow ‘’informed consent’’ laws.

<>
    the patient stilll has final say in their treatment and iirc adoctor hsd to abide that legally!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The whole interview is kind of "meh", but the last 4 minutes are very topical to this thread. Canada saves money by pushing suicide on people instead of treatment. Yay free healthcare!

Top Bottom