• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Try and keep this thread clean.

Please just respond with the time in the video and the legal reasoning. TX only here. Don't compare laws to CA or FL. Just put when legally a person could use deadly force here in TX and the law or if it was never justified.

ARJ Defense ad

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In this particular situation the use of deadly force is not needed... a right cross or an uppercut... but not deadly force. Remember, we don't go around shooting folks for just anything!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I don't see this even getting close to a deadly force scenario...

Oh, those security guards need to be fired. They watch a verbal altercation take place in which an alleged victim is wanting the police called and they refuse to call police for him? Security guards have very limited value to start with...these two have zero value.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you caught the thief in the act of cutting the chain and starting to make off with the bike... and it was at night and not during the day... and on the owners property instead of a crowded street with innocents bystanders, and you didn't start a full on verbal confrontation before shooting the thief, and you weren't filming like a dumbass... bottom line is although according to the law and under the right circumstances you can shoot someone for theft... in this scenario you would have to be a freaking #$% to attempt to use deadly force whether you are legally warranted or not. He should have called the police and gave an accurate account of what happened along with the video and a description of the suspect. A CHL don't make you a cop! Morally speaking of course... now for those of you whom do not use their moral compasses and believe in excercising the right to shoot for anything the law says that they can... you can begin your search for excuses to go "Bruce Willis" on a mofo right here! DIE HARD!!!!

chiefglocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Owner of the bike seems to have more balls than brain. Those three dudes could have easily thrashed him up.
    He was lucky they just walked away.

If I were him I would avoid escalation and quietly walk away with my bike and report it to the nearest police station. Hope he did so because he has the video recording also.

Do I sound like a chicken ? Guess so.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Owner of the bike seems to have more balls than brain. Those three dudes could have easily thrashed him up.

If I were him I would avoid escalation and quietly walk away with my bike...

... Do I sound like a chicken ? Guess so.

Nope, Discretion is the better part of Valor.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

If I were him I would avoid escalation and quietly walk away with my bike and report it to the nearest police station. Hope he did so because he has the video recording also.

Do I sound like a chicken ? Guess so.

As I watched I just kept thinking that the bikeowner was an idiot who was about to get his a$$ kicked. I would also suggest he take the tape to the guy in charge of security. I believe that those guards need to be fired. I am not sure how a question about using deadly force and this video found each other.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    As I watched I just kept thinking that the bikeowner was an idiot who was about to get his a$$ kicked. I would also suggest he take the tape to the guy in charge of security. I believe that those guards need to be fired. I am not sure how a question about using deadly force and this video found each other.

I got to thinking about it...was the question about using deadly force against the guy stealing the bike, or the guy with the video camera?

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I got to thinking about it...was the question about using deadly force against the guy stealing the bike, or the guy with the video camera?
    Yeah I was going to let you marinate on that a bit before I answered your question of whether or not I was serious about that being a great way to get gold teeth...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Ok, as the OP of this thread ....

The video was on another forum. There were a few guys from TX that chimed in that they could have used deadly force on the gold teeth dude. I disagreed and didn't see the where it was legally justified, thought I'd post it here to see if I could learn something or help someone else.

It would be nice to have a few videos like this. Skip to 40 seconds. Same question... When, if at all, could you use deadly force?

Top Bottom