• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Once again Biden and the ATF end up on the wrong side of the law.
    That won't stop any of these Democrat scum from violating the Constitution. They want to make subjects out of all of us and their constituents are brain damaged fools that are willing to allow it. It's up to us to make sure it doesn't happen. Make sure your Representative and our Senators State and Federal even that pos Cornyn knows that you won't put up with violations of the Constitution. It may end up taking a hundred million gun owner march on DC.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    The rule change was as much clarifying what was and wasn't a firearm as it was about restricting 'incomplete' receivers. AR-15 lowers, for example, had been ruled 'not a firearm' by courts due to the old rule. Guys could buy the 80% 'Glock clone' kits and have them fully machined, assembled, and firing in less than 30 minutes; the BATF was trying to stop that and got greedy. Of course, the BATF, being the BATF, made the new rules 'clear as mud' and contradictory to each other.
    Fortunately, we have much better gun rights groups than we had in 1968 (and 1986), so this stuff isn't going to just be carved in stone by bureaucratic fiat.

Eli

(Edited to correct typo.)

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    For those who like to 'geek' out on the legal mumbo jumbo of this court action might want to watch Washington Gun Law channel. The lawyer explains the legal stuff why the rule was turned down and what/how this ruling might impact the pistol brace rule. Stayed tuned for next episode. My question to this channel and the one above MrGunsnGear is this the end or can ATF appeal?

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I'm not a legal scholar, but I'd wait to see if the DOJ files an appeal. Just because the lower court struck it down, doesn't mean Brandon won't want to appeal. But I'm with everyone hoping that the next true fall will be pistol braces and then suppressors.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Wish I had the skills to do one of those 80% deals. I’d screw it up for sure.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Wish I had the skills to do one of those 80% deals. I’d screw it up for sure.
    I have no idea about anything other than AKM kits but YES you do need a few shop tools to make a semi-professional looking firearm as an end result.

Something satisfying about a good looking/functioning end result.

Drilling/riveting locations are the most important.

PS Headspacing might be a good skill also!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The legal and political strategy for Biden and ATF is to pass as many rules as possible hoping that something will get by the court challenges and disarm lawful and responsible gun owners. Politically it's the 'do something' before the next election.

Not just ATF; just about every federal agency was handed stacks of NPRMs to file on day one as part of the grand progressive compromise to get him elected.

Top Bottom