Gun Zone Deals

Atf rule banning private sales requires FFL rumored for fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    From Colion Noir...

Republicans Voted For Gun Control That's Now Leading To Biden Banning Private Gun Sales

Biden is planning to flex his executive powers and direct the ATF to roll out a rule that could potentially destroy private gun sales. Here's the backstory: Last year, a number of Republicans sided with Democrats to pass the "Bi-Partisan Safer Communities Act."

Guess what? We warned those Republican goofballs that this move was a trap, and now Biden and his anti-gun allies are exploiting it to push even more gun control.

These Republicans didn't realize that this law would redefine a "Firearms Dealer" to include anyone who makes a profit selling guns, turning casual sales between friends and family into a federal offense.

Think about it: this could spell the end of private gun sales, but only for law-abiding citizens. Criminals don't care about these rules.

And let's talk about universal background checks – they don't work. Recent research in California showed zero effect on gun violence rates.

But here's the kicker: enforcing universal background checks means creating a national gun registry that won't stop crime, but it will pave the way for potential confiscation.

They'll call it a "buy back," but it'll be mandatory.

Now, this rule is still in draft form, but it's expected to drop later this year. Here's what I need from you: when public comments open up after the announcement, let your voice be heard. Shut down this nonsense and defend our rights.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    From Colion Noir...

Republicans Voted For Gun Control That's Now Leading To Biden Banning Private Gun Sales

Biden is planning to flex his executive powers and direct the ATF to roll out a rule that could potentially destroy private gun sales. Here's the backstory: Last year, a number of Republicans sided with Democrats to pass the "Bi-Partisan Safer Communities Act."

Guess what? We warned those Republican goofballs that this move was a trap, and now Biden and his anti-gun allies are exploiting it to push even more gun control.

These Republicans didn't realize that this law would redefine a "Firearms Dealer" to include anyone who makes a profit selling guns, turning casual sales between friends and family into a federal offense.

Think about it: this could spell the end of private gun sales, but only for law-abiding citizens. Criminals don't care about these rules.

And let's talk about universal background checks – they don't work. Recent research in California showed zero effect on gun violence rates.

But here's the kicker: enforcing universal background checks means creating a national gun registry that won't stop crime, but it will pave the way for potential confiscation.

They'll call it a "buy back," but it'll be mandatory.

Now, this rule is still in draft form, but it's expected to drop later this year. Here's what I need from you: when public comments open up after the announcement, let your voice be heard. Shut down this nonsense and defend our rights.

Guess who was at the front of this?

John Cornyn.

If you voted for that back stabbing bastard the you helped get this shit show rolling.

Vote his ass out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    And away we go.

Biden wants to ban private sales unless you have an ffl. Cause all guns go up in value and youre making a profit. They also want to end online sale.

You can thank Cornhole for phucking us on this one.

I am sure that the current rules require an FFL if a person sells more than 10 firearms in a year. So this rule is obviously aimed at gun control only.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am sure that the current rules require an FFL if a person sells more than 10 firearms in a year.
    I realize you're kidding but I'll never forget how the ATF predecessor chief in Boston vowed, right after the GCA was passed, that he would prosecute as a dealer anyone who sold more than one firearm per year.

General rule - Assume all laws will be enforced by people who will twist the language until it screams in an attempt to screw you over.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I realize you're kidding but I'll never forget how the ATF predecessor chief in Boston vowed, right after the GCA was passed, that he would prosecute as a dealer anyone who sold more than one firearm per year.

General rule - Assume all laws will be enforced by people who will twist the language until it screams in an attempt to screw you over.
    No Ben ,when I had a FFL in the 1980's that was the existing requirement -sell more than 10 in one year you must have an FFL...times, courts, ATF personnel all change and a quick inet search provided zero clarification. I am clearing out a 50 plus year collection and being just a little paranoid ...only selling 9 per year because I think that rule might still exist. Colorado (where I still have a house with guns) just passed 4 more very restrictive gun laws...so I am going up there this week to remove all but one firearm.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    AFAIK, no federal policy has ever mandated a specific number of guns required to be a dealer. Knowing how the ATF is organized, though, I don't doubt you in the least. Any district or regional Special Agent in Charge (or whatever they call their execs these days) can establish a policy for their SAs to follow and that policy will have all the force of law. The oversight necessary to ensure uniform enforcement practices across the nation just doesn't exist.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be exactly as cautious as you're being.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I am sure that the current rules require an FFL if a person sells more than 10 firearms in a year. So this rule is obviously aimed at gun control only.

AFAIK, no federal policy has ever mandated a specific number of guns required to be a dealer. Knowing how the ATF is organized, though, I don't doubt you in the least. Any district or regional Special Agent in Charge (or whatever they call their execs these days) can establish a policy for their SAs to follow and that policy will have all the force of law. The oversight necessary to ensure uniform enforcement practices across the nation just doesn't exist.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be exactly as cautious as you're being.

Ben is correct. There has NEVER been a rule about the number of firearms. Years ago there was a professional hunter who was charged with dealing without a license for selling two big bore doubles in two years. This was in the late to mid '80's and the gun mags at the time covered it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No Ben ,when I had a FFL in the 1980's that was the existing requirement -sell more than 10 in one year you must have an FFL...times, courts, ATF personnel all change and a quick inet search provided zero clarification. I am clearing out a 50 plus year collection and being just a little paranoid ...only selling 9 per year because I think that rule might still exist. Colorado (where I still have a house with guns) just passed 4 more very restrictive gun laws...so I am going up there this week to remove all but one firearm.

As you can see there is no limit and it clearly exempts disposing of a collection.

(11) The term “dealer” means (A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail, (B) any person engaged in the business of repairing firearms or of making or fitting special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms, or (C) any person who is a pawnbroker. The term “licensed dealer” means any dealer who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter.

(21)The term “engaged in the business” means—
    (C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business to predominantly earn a profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms,
    but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    He's a gun banner, too.

Eli
    I still miss him. A couple of my retirement accounts have lost 30 % value in last two years. Trump and his economy plan had my accounts making money instead of losing. If democraps remain in office, our Social Security will be threatened. Trump sucks less than Biden. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom