• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    for sure, I just thought someone said Larry Vickers had done something underhanded

Doubtful. I don't know him personally, but professionally he has a pretty solid reputation!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Doubtful. I don't know him personally, but professionally he has a pretty solid reputation!

I don't know him personally either, but in the gun industry, and the shooting sports, he has a stellar reputation. I do have a good friend that has shot and trained with Vickers numerous times over the years, and he has told us that Larry is a professional and a very easy person to get to know.

Even if I didn't know that, I'd put his reputation credibility over those with the ATF any day of the week.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Letting your SOT expire while in possession of Post Dealer Samples is a big deal. The moment it expires you are in trouble...All Post Dealer Samples would have to be transferred before it expired. Once it's expired you cannot sell or transfer any Post Dealer Samples...

Post 86 Dealer Samples are generally pennies on the dollar of a transferable gun......Pre May 86 Dealer Samples are worth more because you are allowed to keep them after giving up your license, but still are less than transferable guns.....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Letting your SOT expire while in possession of Post Dealer Samples is a big deal. The moment it expires you are in trouble...All Post Dealer Samples would have to be transferred before it expired. Once it's expired you cannot sell or transfer any Post Dealer Samples...

Post 86 Dealer Samples are generally pennies on the dollar of a transferable gun......Pre May 86 Dealer Samples are worth more because you are allowed to keep them after giving up your license, but still are less than transferable guns.....

Yep. He was trying to sell off a ton of stuff on gunbroker to other SOTs late last year/earlier this year and his SOT expired in June, I think.

Not sure what, if anything, we will learn anytime soon.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

I stand by post #3.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yep. He was trying to sell off a ton of stuff on gunbroker to other SOTs late last year/earlier this year and his SOT expired in June, I think.

Not sure what, if anything, we will learn anytime soon.
    It can all be a little complicated.....

A dealer (03) with an SOT can purchase Post Dealer Samples (PDS) with a law letter. The law letter must be from a department with the exact firearm the dept. wants you to demo for them.....not so easy to get......

A manufacturer with SOT may buy PDS from an SOT going out of business or giving up their license without a Law Letter.....

A manufacturer with an SOT may build PDS.........don't know but willing to bet Larry had a manufacturing license (07) with SOT....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    $1,000 is what Larry told his wife he paid for those guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I doubt that! Guys with high end toys generally let their wife know what they are worth so she doesn’t get screwed if they need to be sold!

I noticed the machine gun price guide was recently updated! I’m happy with what they are listing!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    A manufacturer with an SOT may build PDS.........don't know but willing to bet Larry had a manufacturing license (07) with SOT....

He does/did. Here’s one of his items on GB.

Note the description:

NO DEMO LETTER REQUIRED! This Post-86 Dealer Sample machine gun is being brokered for an NFA dealer who is surrendering their SOT….includes provenance to Vickers.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Looks like his FFL expired end of May 2021.

Well I am not sure what happened here. Maybe I misread. In 01/21 his expiration was (2E) which is 05/22. But right now, he has no license at all. Of course it is possible he has more than one FFL too, without his name on it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Vickers is well known in the SF and gun communities, and is battling cancer. If the ATF can't make allowances for that, then they deserve all the hatred generated towards them!

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Vickers is well known in the SF and gun communities, and is battling cancer. If the ATF can't make allowances for that, then they deserve all the hatred generated towards them!
    Exactly why they will not cut him any slack..........

Make him an example......give them any opportunity and they will jump on it with enthusiasm............

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I know I'm OLD, but:

"Vickers Gun" brings something completely different to my mind.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_machine_gun
    Personally I tend to think of the twin Vickers K guns used in the North African Campaigns by the British in WWII!
    1319377417.jpg

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

If all are properly registered with current tax stamps I can't figure out their justification. A little help here.

Top Bottom