• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TVegas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2021
    The Woodlands
    Actually it is.

I am an FFL/SOT 07 and could have bought the whole collection. So he could have gotten a lot of money vs nothing. And I am sure lots of other FFL/SOTs would have been interested too, if he offered it up.
    Fair enough. But he did offer a bunch of items for sale, and yet they didn’t all get sold. There’s more going on here than just ATF bad.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

02870f25aeb2079c2f32a05af6022048.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Been over two years since this thread stalled, then I noticed this today on Vickers' Wikipedia page...

On October 19, 2023, Larry Vickers pleaded guilty to participating in a conspiracy to import and obtain machineguns and other restricted firearms and admitted that he received some of the imported machineguns and other weapons. As detailed in his plea agreement, from June 2018 to March 2021 Vickers, allegedly with cooperation from Sean Reidpath Sullivan and Matthew Jeremy Hall imported machineguns and other restricted firearms under ATF Form 6 by falsely representing them as items for police department demonstration use. At the time, Sullivan was the owner of Trident Rifles in Gambrills, Maryland and an intelligence analyst for the Department of Homeland Security, while Hall was chief of police in Coats, North Carolina.[12] Vickers retained machineguns and other restricted weapons in his personal collection, knowing the filed forms were fraudulent, and transferred other machineguns and restricted weapons to other FFLs and third parties.[13]

Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against JSC Kalashnikov Concern between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida. From July 2014 to March 2021 Vickers and 3 co-conspirators were seeking capital investment, technical data, engineering services, firearms, firearm parts, from individuals representing Kalashnikov Concern to "develop a U.S. business that would manufacture Kalashnikov-style firearms to be sold in the U.S. market and fill the gap left by the sanctions against Kalashnikov Concern" named "American Kalashnikov." Vickers had met with Kalashnikov Concern executives in North Carolina and started to receive consulting fees from American Kalashnikov starting from 2014. From July 2015 Vickers and several others provided promotional videography and marketing services valued between $10,000 and $200,000 to Kalashnikov Concern, receiving preferential access to the company's personnel and technical data.[14][15]

Vickers faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate federal law regulating firearms and a maximum of 20 years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. U.S. District Judge Julie R. Rubin has not yet scheduled sentencing for Vickers.[12]

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX

Talk of potential challenge to the National Firearms Act. Maybe some good can come out of this shitshow.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    If convicted of two felonies, what happens to all the weapons he owns?
    The NFA weapons seized by the ATF will end up in an ATF evidence room somewhere.

What happens to his personal weapons is up to him. I'm guessing they'll be sold or given away to friends and family.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well that turned out to not be what we all thought it was.
    What is it then? Sounds like Hall asked for LEO demos, Vickers ordered them,Hall decided he didn't want them, then Vickers either kept them or transferred them to other FFLs. I thought that was normal procedure for this stuff?

The sanctions thing sounds weird, too. When the sanctions were announced many Russian companies moved out of Russia to stay in business. Nothing unusual about that, and seems to be the point of sanctions.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sure you can. That is how most of all imported Post-86 guns in FFL hands got there. The problem is Hall never had intention of buying them. The intent was to keep/sell them. Thus he/they perjured themselves on a variety of fed forms.
    Hall never bought at least one so he can credibly offer evidence of legal intent in case he ever needed to cover his own ass? What a dummy.

Top Bottom