• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I EDC a lot of shit when ever I leave the house, except on an airplane. I use this" satchel". Been carrying it for over a dozen years, on my 2nd one, the first one wore out.

Wallet, several dollars in coins, a dumb phone that is bigger/heavier than a smart one. Two knives (Swiss Army Climber, Spyderco folder), flashlight, a backup gun (Ruger LCP), extra mag, extra mag for my primary (holstered), a Leatherman Charge, a monocular (yes, I occasionally use it), USB thumb drive, ear buds, sunglasses in a case.

I can't carry all of this shit in my pockets. This list doesn't change, but occasionally will carry other small extra items.

I use a backpack when I travel; for a 3-4 day trip, it is the only thing I carry onto a plane.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    1708907155241.png

'Nuff said.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I EDC a lot of shit when ever I leave the house, except on an airplane. I use this" satchel". Been carrying it for over a dozen years, on my 2nd one, the first one wore out.

Wallet, several dollars in coins, a dumb phone that is bigger/heavier than a smart one. Two knives (Swiss Army Climber, Spyderco folder), flashlight, a backup gun (Ruger LCP), extra mag, extra mag for my primary (holstered), a Leatherman Charge, a monocular (yes, I occasionally use it), USB thumb drive, ear buds, sunglasses in a case.

I can't carry all of this shit in my pockets. This list doesn't change, but occasionally will carry other small extra items.

I use a backpack when I travel; for a 3-4 day trip, it is the only thing I carry onto a plane.
    Maxpidention has good stuff. I've been considering this bag

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    I never used to but I started with the ease of extra shirt and socks, first aid, electronics cables, tablet and such. Ive only teciently started carrying a pistol in it since I'm not allowed to carry but no one knows unless they look in it. I Mainly use it for work where I work in the woods and carry my lunch, waters also. It's become convient. Outside of work I take it on vacations to pack what ever thecwife wants to buy instead of carrying a bunch of bags with trinkets.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I do the backpack thing when I am working horse shows. Lets me bring everything I need to the arena. But in my abnormal life, no back pack, just tuck my IWB holster in. Clip my Knife to my belt, and slip my wallet and keys in my front pants pockets, and go on with my day to day activities.

No man bun either.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It seems almost every young guy I see now is sporting a backpack.

Why?

It appears, we're slowly turning into a nation of 'Sherpas'.

Are you a member of the 'backpack crowd'?

Can't leave home without it?

Yes, I sound like a crusty old curmudgeon..cuz I am!

Now, get that damn thing off...or do you 'Really, Really need it?
    I carried a backpack for many years. Some of the things I carried in it in daily life were extra box of pistol ammo or loaded extra mags for my EDC, several bottles of water, emergency food (mostly peanuts & candy or a trail mix with fruit & nuts), a small first aid kit, a weeks supply of my daily meds, antibiotics (if I had some), an ace bandage - the newer self adhering type (one of the best first aid things ever), a couple of knives (usually a K-Bar fighting knife & a Victorinox Huntsman), flashlight, batteries, several glow sticks (at least 12 hour), a water purifier straw, a compass, rope and or cord, waterproof matches, a fire-starter or three, a poncho or a set of Frog Toggs or both, a fleece or wool sweater/jacket, a boonie hat, a pen and pad, and a police type whistle; although, that was often held around my neck with a lanyard but sometimes I brought a spare in the pack. Oh yeah, once I needed em, extra eyeglasses. When I went hiking/hunting, since I often went alone, I often had about 20 to 25 pounds of survival stuff as above but added more water upping the weight 5 pounds or more, so most of that extra weight was water weight & maybe some extra emergency food. One other thing it almost always carried when I was hiking or hunting was an extra firearm often in 22 LR, such as my Henry US Survival Rifle and a box or two of 22LR ammo in addition to some extra of my carry pistol ammo and extra rifle or shotgun ammo depending on my hunting gun of choice. It was not all that easy stuffing the pack with all that but I always felt it would have been worth the effort if I ever fell and broke a leg or worse. If so, I'd be able to survive almost anywhere for a few days to a week and hopefully be found by then or make it out on my own. Now that I am older, if not for my constant old age companion: Arthur I. Tis, I would carry it every day still. I usually have it in my trunk, ready to go. I recently pulled it out of my trunk and keep forgetting to update some items with a fresh supply. Gotta get that done and back in my trunk it will go.

When working on certain assignments during my career, I would sometimes carry my backpack during operations or at least have it in my vehicle. During such times it might hold a firearm. On a training assignment for which I flew to FL, I stuck my HK MP5 into it and it was my carry on luggage for the flight. About 1/2" of the muzzle was sticking out of it during the flight but no one except the other agent with whom I was traveling noticed it. The stewardesses on each flight, both there & back, asked me to put it in the overhead compartment but I convinced each it would be better under the seat; so, I kept it under the seat in front of me. Never told them what as in it it as best I recall. That trip was for my MP5 instructor recertification.

It always has amazed me how some folks consider carrying a backpack something weird or for leftists or for metrosexual types and thus not for oldtimers who consider themselves to be traditional manly men as I guess many of us on this forum consider ourselves as compared to the often and sadly gender confused (pussified) younger males of today. I suppose I should say, I consider a man-purse to be something that is usually very different and you'd normally not catch me dead or alive with one. That is unless maybe it was the only thing that was available and I needed something, just about anything, to lug some of the things I mentioned above. In such an instance, I'd carry it to lug stuff while keeping my hands free just as I have done with a backpack. Thus, I'd make due as best I could with what was available as I try to do regularly; damn, I'd even carry big counterfeit Louis Vutton purse if I had nothing else - at least I'd blend in we the lefties if behind enemy lines.

So to answer the questions in the above quote: Yep I really needed/need it & could not leave home or anywhere without it for decades. That was because, and pardon the hackneyed expression (aka: cliche) but it is true: It was/is better to have what was/is in it and not need it than to not have it an need it in the event that the SHTF. I always liked one thing and one thing alone about the Boy Scouts of America, that was their motto: Be prepared.

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have a small backpack for water bottles, snacks for the kid, first aid, tablet, and dog stuff if I have one of them with us. If wife is with us it will have a battery pack and whatever she needs. I have to lug it anyways might as well keep my hands free.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a 3 day assault pack that I got for free from London Bridge Trading. For some reason I couldn’t order online. The guy I talked to took my order and forgot to turn it in. Wanted it for my weekends at the renfest .

After a a stupidly long time I called seeing as I had nothing, my cc wasn’t even billed. The guy on the phone was the same person that I spoke to. He apologized saying he straight up dropped the ball, getting ready for S.H.O.T

I have a Filson medium duffle that served as a carry on & range bag until TSA started flagging it for powder residue.

I bought a Grey Ghost currier’s bag that if you see me with it count on the MP5K being in it. The joke of it is when full loaded it heavier most action figures would carry.

With my back all cratered out carrying packs are not good for me.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Wearing jeans, .......keys and coin change in front right pocket, phone in left front pocket, wallet in right rear pocket. It's been working that way for well over 60 years.
    And 2 spare mags in my left rear pocket.

If I need more, I wear cargo pants.
    I would hate to have to dig in a back pack to find my spare mags.

Top Bottom