Target Sports

Best way to send money when buying on the forums?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    i see that TXGUNTALK recommends paying with a check or money order, versus PayPal or Venmo. If I’m buying a firearm from someone on the forums that they have to ship to my FFL, what is the safest way to go about paying for the transaction? Mail them a check with a cashable date in the future once the item arrives?
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies...

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    US Postal Money Order..............if the member is credible......(Vast majority are)............
    Zelle is much easier for me to send someone money than a postal order, but I want to know which method is the best in the event I need to get my money back?

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    And if you are ripped off, there is no recourse to get your money back with F&F
    this is why I only use it for smaller things such as gun parts and scopes, if I wanna buy a gat I usually just look around town or build one if possible.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Postal money order - because IF you get stiffed, it becomes a federal offence (mail fraud / wire fraud) not just a state offense.

A payment processor similar to Square - though I believe Square itself is like PayPal / Venmo etc - they don't process firearms transactions and will freeze/reverse/withhold funds if they believe or learn its a firearm transaction.

Unless you are using an escrow service, or face to face transaction - unfortunately your options for getting your money back if you get defrauded are few.

Top Bottom