• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah, if your research goes beyond American news media and political propaganda, and you talk to people who immigrated from Russia to the US you'll learn a lot more.

I had a coworker who moved to the US during the turmoil post-USSR. He had some very enlightening stories to tell, but what was more interesting to me was learning about the Russian culture and people, and what I found out was that we have far more similarities than differences. He came to the states because it was safer here for his family, than it was where he was from during their transition from communism to republican government.

Russians have embraced capitalism far more than other countries - they do have state owned / controlled corporations and industries, but you can argue the same here. We do it thru regulatory action, subsidies, and consolidation of power in the hands of a small handful of the people elected to represent us.

So many people are stuck in the cold-war adversarial mentality that its going to be hard moving forward to be partners and allies. We're "allies" with third world middle eastern shitholes with a massive gap in culture because they have oil and gas reserves. We're enemies with Russia still - why? Russia has oil and gas too, that's probably why, because we're in competition on the global market with them, when we could partner with them and put even more pressure on OPEC.

Vladamir Putin just helped push a proposal *weakening* his power as President and giving more power to their legislative body, but the media wants to spin him as a dictator, meanwhile Sniffy Joe seems uninterested in having our legislative body do its job, he's handing out Executive Orders at an unprecedented rate and its A-OK with our media and half the country?

Russia certainly has its problems, there's corruption in their government (there's a lot of corruption in our own government too) but they have more in common with us from a cultural standpoint than a lot of our so-called allies and if we had politicians worth a shit they'd be building bridges and forming an alliance there. A US-Russian economic and military alliance would be a lot better at containing China's power, and containing the craziness coming out of North Korea.

The Russia-Bad narrative is keeping a 70 year old boogie man alive because its the default solution when the camel-humping middle eastern terrorist boogie man isn't working.
    Gracious, man. Are you reading about what is going on over there these days???

Disagree with Putin and you end up poisoned or in jail on trumped up charges.

Putin IS a dictator.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Not you, Texas45...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Has everyone turned in to thin skinned sissies.

He is leaving USA for USSR what more needs to be said.

He got all butt hurt (from what little I looked in to it) cuz he posted stuff that bit him in the ass and now he is headed to the USSR.

BYE.

Sorry I offended you and sorry you feel the need to stick up for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Has everyone turned in to thin skinned sissies.

He is leaving USA for USSR what more needs to be said.

He got all butt hurt (from what little I looked in to it) cuz he posted stuff that bit him in the ass and now he is headed to the USSR.

BYE.

Sorry I offended you and sorry you feel the need to stick up for him.

See, that's your problem. You are stuck in 1989. The USSR isn't a thing anymore. Why is what he is doing any worse than SATX or someone who moves to BFE to get away?

CrazyCobraManTim

Whiskey Baby
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Keller, TX
    I'm more concerned there is concern for showing a Cross? What the heck...?

Posted from Breitbart regarding over a dozen symbols which are nowadays construed as divesive or worthy of investigation, discharge or arrest. I did notice the hammer and cycle, red star, blm, antifa fist and other che crap strangely wasn't on the list....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...emist-symbols/

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    AFAIK, the "people" of Russia are pretty much like us, and IIRC they are as scared of our govt as we are of theirs.

But PUTIN.... nah, not going to move there. Not me. If I was going to move out, it would be Costa Rica, Fiji, or Bali, not Ukraine, Russia, Nicaragua, or even Phillipines. Too much disturbance around the world.

Ukraine.... Beck did some great research on how our State Dept interfered there and is doing so in secret around the world. I'm an America lover, not an America hater, but that is some interesting stuff on the level of a Vietnam etc.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Yeah, if your research goes beyond American news media and political propaganda, and you talk to people who immigrated from Russia to the US you'll learn a lot more.

I had a coworker who moved to the US during the turmoil post-USSR. He had some very enlightening stories to tell, but what was more interesting to me was learning about the Russian culture and people, and what I found out was that we have far more similarities than differences. He came to the states because it was safer here for his family, than it was where he was from during their transition from communism to republican government.

Russians have embraced capitalism far more than other countries - they do have state owned / controlled corporations and industries, but you can argue the same here. We do it thru regulatory action, subsidies, and consolidation of power in the hands of a small handful of the people elected to represent us.

So many people are stuck in the cold-war adversarial mentality that its going to be hard moving forward to be partners and allies. We're "allies" with third world middle eastern shitholes with a massive gap in culture because they have oil and gas reserves. We're enemies with Russia still - why? Russia has oil and gas too, that's probably why, because we're in competition on the global market with them, when we could partner with them and put even more pressure on OPEC.

Vladamir Putin just helped push a proposal *weakening* his power as President and giving more power to their legislative body, but the media wants to spin him as a dictator, meanwhile Sniffy Joe seems uninterested in having our legislative body do its job, he's handing out Executive Orders at an unprecedented rate and its A-OK with our media and half the country?

Russia certainly has its problems, there's corruption in their government (there's a lot of corruption in our own government too) but they have more in common with us from a cultural standpoint than a lot of our so-called allies and if we had politicians worth a shit they'd be building bridges and forming an alliance there. A US-Russian economic and military alliance would be a lot better at containing China's power, and containing the craziness coming out of North Korea.

The Russia-Bad narrative is keeping a 70 year old boogie man alive because its the default solution when the camel-humping middle eastern terrorist boogie man isn't working.
    Well said!

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I'm done with you idiots, I'll sell my stuff somewhere else. Mods go ahead and ban/delete my account I tried to do it myself but couldn't.

IMG_7007.JPG

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    See, that's your problem. You are stuck in 1989. The USSR isn't a thing anymore. Why is what he is doing any worse than SATX or someone who moves to BFE to get away?

Not stuck anywhere.
    HE is running away from USA cuz hes butt hurt.
    I personally dont give a shit where he goes or doesnt.

Dont come here or anywhere and whine cuz you stepped on you wewe and want to place blame everywhere but where it belongs for it

IE get a mirror the cause will be there looking back.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I will pity those who have to decide whether or not to obey an unlawful order. I do not pity the schmucks who choose to obey unlawful orders. I still wonder why U.S. military were used at Waco. And, more importantly, why was no one indicted for the loss of life at Waco when they could have just arrested Koresh when he went for breakfast? Which he did at the same place, same time, just about every day?
    Bill Clinton

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well, in all fairness, RG did put it out there in the open as to what events led up to him moving to Russia. He did state that he had already planned on this move before getting fired for his remarks and he stated he has a GF in Russia, so there seems to be some personal decisions he made. I think getting fired, just moved up his timeline to move. I understand that.

But when he opened up on the public forum for why, and the reasons and the events leading up to this point, he had to expect criticism for moving to Russia, instead of fighting back and standing up for himself. I understand the criticism, and I'm critical of his methods as well. Some criticisms were harsher than others though. His online remarks and comments painted a huge target on his back, so there is that as well. And, sometimes what attracts negative attention is not so much what you say, but in how you present what you say. Personally, I think RG may have been less tactful with his remarks, and that drew attention to himself and made him a target of opportunity for those with leftist ideology.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Well, in all fairness, RG did put it out there in the open as to what events led up to him moving to Russia. He did state that he had already planned on this move before getting fired for his remarks and he stated he has a GF in Russia, so there seems to be some personal decisions he made. I think getting fired, just moved up his timeline to move. I understand that.

But when he opened up on the public forum for why, and the reasons and the events leading up to this point, he had to expect criticism for moving to Russia, instead of fighting back and standing up for himself. I understand the criticism, and I'm critical of his methods as well. Some criticisms were harsher than others though. His online remarks and comments painted a huge target on his back, so there is that as well. And, sometimes what attracts negative attention is not so much what you say, but in how you present what you say. Personally, I think RG may have been less tactful with his remarks, and that drew attention to himself and made him a target of opportunity for those with leftist ideology.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I didn't catch all of the guy's posts... but he came off as a whack job IMO. And a guy enraged. So enraged his posts were filled, IMO, with nonsense. I was going to argue a few points with him, such as how he claimed "they" were going to write all kinds of amendments.... seemed knot to know or care that it takes a 2/3 majority to pass an amendment (something not going to be possible with our current 50/50 Congress) and that it would take 3/4 of the States to ratify each amendment passed. Such vociferous angry statements are good for venting, but not grounded in reality at all.

Given that, why should I think that anything else he said was grounded in any kind of reality?

He gave an anti-american statement to a foreign newspaper????????? :spank:
    IMO, no matter what "truths" he thought he had... that is just uncool.

bb = Oathkeeper

BTW, his Russia move could have had me at "hot Russian GF" and left the rest out.... just sayin

russian-girl.jpg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Gracious, man. Are you reading about what is going on over there these days???

Disagree with Putin and you end up poisoned or in jail on trumped up charges.

Putin IS a dictator.

What about Epstein, Seth Rich, or anyone who crossed the Clintons? The US isn't free of political disappearances.

If Putin's disappearing people he belongs in prison. But when you see media outside the US - and I don't mean Russia Today - showing that he's making moves to limit the power of his own office, its hard to slap "dictator" on him. I haven't seen the articles you've said - but I'll research it too. I'm not planning on running off to Russia, or any foreign country so my interest is academic. The only 'foreign country' that I would be interested in right now is if the Republic of Texas lived again. I'd renounce my US citizenship to be a citizen of Texas, but that's it.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    What about Epstein, Seth Rich, or anyone who crossed the Clintons? The US isn't free of political disappearances.

If Putin's disappearing people he belongs in prison. But when you see media outside the US - and I don't mean Russia Today - showing that he's making moves to limit the power of his own office, its hard to slap "dictator" on him. I haven't seen the articles you've said - but I'll research it too. I'm not planning on running off to Russia, or any foreign country so my interest is academic. The only 'foreign country' that I would be interested in right now is if the Republic of Texas lived again. I'd renounce my US citizenship to be a citizen of Texas, but that's it.
    If the Republic of Texas required me to renounce my U.S. citizenship, then I would do it... otherwise, I'm gonna bleed the U.S. for every benefit due me till death do us part!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

I read foreign press before I ready any U.S. media. Not because they are necessarily less biased but because they often report about situations while the U.S. Government Press - MSNBC, CBS, CNN, and their ilk - is still attempting to decide whether to report and, if so, how to spin it. As someone pointed out, if President Trump's administration had found a cure for cancer, the press would have exploded reporting about cancers right to life (as opposed to the right to life of a fetus).

Top Bottom