• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well Cam, I see you're starting our day with a bucket full of sunshine.

I'm not great with US history...might not be the ideal 2A representative, but every day I'm one step closer to being a devout Constitionalist

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    But it's not yet MANDATED therefore we can choose vehicles w/o them. I believe that's called freedom

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    Rest assured the next generation of these will be tied to the computer and if tampered with will render said vehicle inoperable.

Frightening to think of what will come next.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hate to burst your bubble, but a lot of newer cars already have them. I know my parent's 07 4Runner has it, so it's nothing new.
    Pretty much every car built in the last ten-plus years has this function to some degree, mostly they save data at the time of airbag deployment. It won't be a seperate moldule, just firmware in modules that already are used, maybe with a memory upgrade. You can't just pull modules out of a new car, because it's all networked, but instead of a web, it's a chain. Cutting a module out just breaks the chain. The data record feature could be programmed out, but that's probably asking someone to risk prison for you. Some cars, the feature might be disabled with the right coding, if the factory doesn't put the ability to code whatever module they put it in under lock and key, which I expect they'll do. All in all, I don't understand who is pushing this law because the why escapes me. One scary aspecy is the network thing combined with a lot of new cars' data transmission capabilities and the growing number of cars with nav. And yes, nav systems are on the network, too.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    But it's not yet MANDATED therefore we can choose vehicles w/o them. I believe that's called freedom

All they will say is you have the FREEDOM not to drive a car and ride a bike. You know, the same option you have for vehicle insurance.

----Believe me, that was painful to type.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I've watched dodge techs pull data off computers to tell them all sorts of stuff. Mainly data they'd use to determine if they'd warrantee the transmission, or not. and that was 10 years ago...

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Looks like I'm back on the bicycle.

b84ca844-2f42-a994.jpg

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    As soon as these cars all become hooked up to the interwebz, Anonymous will just hack everyone's cars and make the gas pedal increase the radio volume, the brake will honk your horn, your light knob will activate your e-brake, and your e-brake will send you back in time. You watch. :)

Top Bottom