• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    Rest assured the next generation of these will be tied to the computer and if tampered with will render said vehicle inoperable.

Frightening to think of what will come next.

Bingo! My 2011 Silverado mentions some black box thing already built in to it, and it's part of the truck's control module. The manual says that the black box cannot be disabled without disabling the control module, so it's required if I want my truck to run.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    As soon as these cars all become hooked up to the interwebz, Anonymous will just hack everyone's cars and make the gas pedal increase the radio volume, the brake will honk your horn, your light knob will activate your e-brake, and your e-brake will send you back in time. You watch. :)

Once again, they already do this, if you have onstar in your car, some tech somewhere can just turn it off, (think stolen), unlock your doors, etc. and they advertise it as a benefit...

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Once again, they already do this, if you have onstar in your car, some tech somewhere can just turn it off, (think stolen), unlock your doors, etc. and they advertise it as a benefit...

Way to make my sarcasm into fear :-p thankfully I don't have on-star but I am sure there are probably are alternatives in my truck that could kill the engine if they wanted to. :-\

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Another reason I prefer older (paid for) vehicles.

Easy to work on, parts everywhere and grandfathered to never need any of this new BS.

+1, wouldn't want to trade my 94 chevy for any of this new crap, still wish it was like my old 82 chevy, drove it 30 miles once after rewiring the ignition with bailing wire and duct tape.

Top Bottom