• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Probably the toughest I've ever had: Altama mil-spec jungle boots. They lasted me about five years, including two tough hiking trips up into mountains in New Mexico. They were a complete bitch to break-in, but once I did they were comfortable. Just had to throw better insoles in them.

My cheap Columbias I used on the last hiking trip were lighter, more supportive and a hell of a lot more comfortable, though.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    well, what kind of boots are you asking about?

hiking boots? i wear Merrell mid-high tops.

dress boots? Lucchese 1883 Mad Dog in dark brown goatskin

work boots? Wolverine steel toe lace-up

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I need some new boots but NO ONE makes anything big enough. Need to special order but if I get them and they dont fit Im screwed.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    AKMike - for western try JB Hill Texas or for regular try sarashoes.com (yes they make mens). They also offer the "Chicago School of Shoemaking" to make your own (bummer it's in Chicago).

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    For my sh*t kickers with my blue jeans I go with Ariat. While working at the PD I have a few different pair ranging from
    Bates
    http://www.militaryboots.com/news/w...s-boots-individual-comfort-system-300x243.jpg
    Converse
    http://www.policefeet.com/assets/images/converse/c8875main.jpg
    Thoroughgood
    https://www.midwestboots.com/Thorogood-Work-Shoes-Boots-834-6889-L.jpg
    Oakley
    http://www.fashionwindows.net/images/2009/05/si_assault_boot.jpg
    Under Armor
    http://www.crackerboystoys.com/images/products/2289.jpg
    I rotate the boots out quite a bit or pending weather since some are waterproof/resistent better than others.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    AKMike - for western try JB Hill Texas or for regular try sarashoes.com (yes they make mens). They also offer the "Chicago School of Shoemaking" to make your own (bummer it's in Chicago).

depending on brand I wear a 16 or 17.....If they made those in DECENT looking boots and shoes id be suprised lol. Hell Id be suprised if they made that size period lol

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Look for stores that have a website order and return at store policy.
    For instance at cavenders you can buy on line and if the boot doesn't fit take it back to a store for credit. Then make the store order you another pair. Its a pain but will save you the stocking fee

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I've got a pair of Tony Llama square toes that are great work boots and all arounds. I've also got a pair of bullhide Larry Mahan's that I wear to work all the time. The go great with slacks or a pair of nice jeans, and the tall sides offer my ankle the support that I need after being so hard onnthem from running and surgeries. I've got another pair of Tony Llamas on order and I've got my eye on a pair of Tin Hauls with the clear printed bottoms. More as a wear to teach in boot than a functional work boot.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Might as well use pics lol. I like boots, if I'm not in a pair of boots I've got high-top shoes of some kind on.

I've worn these the last few years. Good, cheap enough, durable Durango chip-toe harness boots.

386566_10150581223371388_548566387_10684010_1066866341_n.jpg

I want a pair of these Ariat's next - Ariat Rambler Men's Brown Bomber Wide Square Toe Western Boots | Cavender's Boot City

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    ^^^

That pic was taken just seconds before his boss walked in and yelled: "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR FEET KICKED UP ON THE DESK? YOU THINK YOU'RE ON BREAK OR SOMETHING?"

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got a few pair of regular old combat boots. They are actually pretty comfortable if you swap out the insoles with Dr Scholls or the like and after they break in. I see no real reason to upgrade, but I'd like to try a pair of the new Converse boots. They look good and functional... I used to have a pair of really nice mesh and leather boots I picked up at the BX, but by the time my enlistment was up they were pretty worn out. I forget what those were called, but they weren't your typical "jungle" mesh boot. They were nice.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I want a pair of square-toed boots, but you can't find a place in this whole damn state with boots worthy of buying. Online? Don't know of a good place, I'm open to suggestions myself.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've got a few pair of regular old combat boots. They are actually pretty comfortable if you swap out the insoles with Dr Scholls or the like and after they break in. I see no real reason to upgrade, but I'd like to try a pair of the new Converse boots. They look good and functional... I used to have a pair of really nice mesh and leather boots I picked up at the BX, but by the time my enlistment was up they were pretty worn out. I forget what those were called, but they weren't your typical "jungle" mesh boot. They were nice.

My now-dead Altamas had a different sole than the standard jungle boots. They had a Vibram Sierra sole. Much better for all-around use. Might not have been quite as good in knee deep mud, but luckily I never wore them in much of that...

Top Bottom