Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Same.

During the years when the dogs are few and longer range I'll lean heavy on the centerfires. In the years of plenty, the 22lr has duties out to +-125yds.
    Whoo man - you need to see if you can still find some .223 DogTown bullets that Midway used to sell. Vaquero turned me on to them. Somewhere there are videos of Orbitup shooting a rabbit out of my rifle with them. It looked like a grenade went off in its belly. The ones I used were 55 grain flat based and were super accurate too. I've still got a box of 500 I haven't opened yet. I think they were made by Speer.
    Military Camp

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Whoo man - you need to see if you can still find some .223 DogTown bullets that Midway used to sell. Vaquero turned me on to them. Somewhere there are videos of Orbitup shooting a rabbit out of my rifle with them. It looked like a grenade went off in its belly. The ones I used were 55 grain flat based and were super accurate too. I've still got a box of 500 I haven't opened yet. I think they were made by Speer.

These?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I had been using Federal's 50gr Varmint-Tipped but they were discontinued a few years back and I have since used up my supply and moved on. The Dogtowns look promising and are very close to the specifications of the Federals. I might give them a try.

It's a lot easier to throw nickels and dimes out of a 22lr barrel vs $1-2 bills out of the centerfires for the closer stuff. In a good year, I can go through 1K rounds over the course of a month.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    These?
    These were the ones I was talking about.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Top Bottom