• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    My wife makes a traditional Russian salad from beets, a little garlic and mayonnaise, called Svekolniy salad. It’s pretty tasty:
    a76db39e831177f148fb3a21ad67c4de.jpg

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Its a slippery slope...first you take a bite of a beet...next thing you know you are into the hard stuff like rutabagas and turnips... from there its all downhill and they find you behind the feed store gnawing on a jicama.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Its a slippery slope...first you take a bite of a beet...next thing you know you are into the hard stuff like rutabagas and turnips... from there its all downhill and they find you behind the feed store gnawing on a jicama.
    I think it is more the person, I like beets, but I never could get into the hard stuff. But then maybe I just haven't got to the point where my beet fix isn't quite enough.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Grandmother used to make them in sort of a salad with onions and vingar with some kind of oil.
    They were great.

Canned beets are de debil. Yuck.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Many parents see what Gerber's Strained Beets does to their baby's diaper & swear "never again".
    Made me laugh. My daughter's favorite good were beets when she was small. We used them as a bribe/treat. After you've cleaned the first couple of black-tar baby poos out of a diaper, the rest is just poo.

Last edited:

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Love em! We used to grow lots of them in the garden, boil them, skin them and then have them with just some butter and salt. Good stuff!
    Like pickled beets too. Now you got me thinking; we have a jar of pickled beets sitting in the pantry waiting to be opened! :)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Many parents see what Gerber's Strained Beets does to their baby's diaper & swear "never again".
    I grew up in the Midwest (Iowa) . . . folks don't eat beets there. Or at least, not much. My folks never once served us spinach or beets. But we had a LOT of corn, green beans, lima beans, butter beans, carrots, and peas. Oh, and LOTS of pork. :)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I grew up in the Midwest (Iowa) . . . folks don't eat beets there. Or at least, not much. My folks never once served us spinach or beets. But we had a LOT of corn, green beans, lima beans, butter beans, carrots, and peas. Oh, and LOTS of pork. :)
    No black eyed peas then?
    Heh

Top Bottom