• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    Really curious if you guys like the 50 AE. I got mine as in impulse buy and because really do think the person running their socials is pretty cool and shows love to the community but will say that this thing apart from being massive, I just really dislike the trigger definitely a gun I don't think I'll be too attached to but if you have one let me know your thoughts.

Just a conversation post
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905_135502_Instagram.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905_135502_Instagram.jpg
      206.1 KB · Views: 62

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I'd be happy to win one in a raffle but I don't think I'd pay full price for one. Not knocking it but don't think I'd just go crazy for having it, that said...I'd be happy to send some rounds downrange with it though!!

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    I'd be happy to win one in a raffle but I don't think I'd pay full price for one. Not knocking it but don't think I'd just go crazy for having it, that said...I'd be happy to send some rounds downrange with it though!!
    I agree and I don't regret purchases but with this one....I wonder, what was I thinking? lol. I think if the trigger was better I could probably live with it happy but it's very clunky

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I had a .44 Mag Desert Eagle (DE). Plenty of ammo available, unlike the .50AE which may be hard to source.
    Oh and by the way….. DE’s are notorious for being ammo-finicky. I tried about a dozen different.44 Mag round types, 3 would shoot and eject as expected. The rest were FTE after FTE or failure to fully load. Good luck!!!

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    I had a .44 Mag DE. Plenty of ammo available, unlike the .50AE which may be hard to source.
    Oh and by the way….. DE’s are notorious for being ammo-finicky. I tried about a dozen different.44 Mag round types, 3 would shoot and eject as expected. The rest were FTE after FTE or failure to fully load. Good luck!!!
    I do like mine but I do look back thinking it was the most unnecessary purchase considering I could've gotten something better. I got the 50AE ammo no problem but definitely not cheap. I have a 44mag revolver and that one feels a lot harder to handle compared to this one

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    On the flip side (being that it's a revolver) of the coin, I bought a Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum a year ago, I've only shot a few rounds through it, love it! I've always wanted one....I've got the 6" barrel...yes, it's almost cartoonish...but I carry it in the mountains in a chest rig (for bear, 2 legged predators, etc.). It's mostly a safe queen until those trips. Hard to justify other than "I've always wanted it, it's iconic and it's a large caliber for large prey." (See, you can justify anything if you want!! LOL!)

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    On the flip side (being that it's a revolver) of the coin, I bought a Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum a year ago, I've only shot a few rounds through it, love it! I've always wanted one....I've got the 6" barrel...yes, it's almost cartoonish...but I carry it in the mountains in a chest rig (for bear, 2 legged predators, etc.). It's mostly a safe queen until those trips. Hard to justify other than "I've always wanted it, it's iconic and it's a large caliber for large prey." (See, you can justify anything if you want!! LOL!)
    I don't know how to justify this one looks cool? Haha but nah I see what you mean. I got a 6" s&w 7 shot revolver and it was my very first purchase and admit that I got it because of RDR2

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    This is what I carry if I go out hiking. Always thought that is probably a lot better going with a 44 than a 357

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905_143634_Instagram.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905_143634_Instagram.jpg
      430.5 KB · Views: 41

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    BTW - If I had any of the AE pistols I'd probably give a chest rig a shot (I've got custom Gunfighters Inc rigs) or a shoulder holster versus belt carry.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Lone Star Gun Range has had them as rentals in the past. ( don’t know if they still do.)They do great as a rental gun but they do not hold up well as far as durability. Every one they have had has had to go back to factory for major repairs after about 500 rounds. Only reason they were keeping one on the shelf is that it was a super popular rental and paid for itself rather quickly.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Like to you make them or have some for sale?

I have none for sale nor do I make any - full disclosure - I just like the products that I have from them, I have no business relationship with them other than being a customer, I bought one complete rig (along with a six shot bullet carrier) for my Colt .44 Mag and then a separate carrier/holster for my S&W 66-1. The carrier/holster is easily swapped out. You can buy off the shelf or go custom, decided to go custom route. I was hiking in Glacier National Park earlier this year and ran into a guy with one of these rigs, chatted with him about it - I was carrying on my right hip on my belt...it was less than comfortable and threw me off-balance for hiking. Had it been on a very short and flat trail it wouldn't be so bad, but all the up / down, elevation, rocks, etc...the chest rig solves that...plus...also GREAT for vehicle and - for me - UTV / SxS carry...much easier to draw from a chest rig when seated.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    Lone Star Gun Range has had them as rentals in the past. ( don’t know if they still do.)They do great as a rental gun but they do not hold up well as far as durability. Every one they have had has had to go back to factory for major repairs after about 500 rounds. Only reason they were keeping one on the shelf is that it was a super popular rental and paid for itself rather quickly.
    I see them all the time for rentals and definitely a way to make good money fast! Very enticing firearms for sure!

Top Bottom