Lynx Defense

Do You Remember Chesterfield Cigarettes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    i never smoked chesterfields but i do remember them!
    When I was a kid, Dad smoked Pall Malls & Mom smoked Luckys.

I had a paper route......Mom clipped coupons and sometimnes the "off brands" made it in!

Fifty cents off on a carton of smokes? When regular smokes were three bucks a carton?

Think Chesterfields were $2.75/carton?

This would have been in the '60's.

The Old Golds were another "cheap/end of the month brand.

Loblaws always had coupons for smokes & coffee in the Sunday paper.

Would get one pound of good coffee at the A&P, grind it your self.

Mix it with two pounds of Loblaws "house brand".

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I can't hear the word "Chesterfield" without thinking of the 1978 Blues Brothers song I Don't Know. :cool:

"I said Woman! You gonna walk a mile for a Camel !?

Or are you gonna make like Mr. Chesterfield and satisfyyyy?

She said, 'That all depends on what you’re packing,
    regular or king-size'. "

I loved that live album in High School.

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    If you are old enough to remember Chesterfields, you're old enough to be having arthritis pain. Like the rest of us, I have quite a bit of joint pain these days. A friend recently told me about Tumeric Curcumin with black pepper. He says it works. Do any of you know about this?
    I used the tumeric and black pepper it for about a year and it did absolutely nothing for me.

I smoked most of the brands mentioned at one time or another. No longer smoke any of them.

Used to sneak cigarettes from my mom and smoke them in the basement. She smoked Herbert Tareyton cigarettes. Those were absolutely disgusting ! But I still smoked them sometimes because I could not buy what I wanted back then.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I started smoking in high school mostly everyone was smoking Marlboro, I wanted to be different, smoked Parliament's (I liked the box). Eventually I went with Marlboro. I quit a few years after I graduated over 50 years ago. Tip don't tell your doctor you smoked way back then because my chart says former smoker.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I took the high dollar curcumin/pepper extract for a couple years, without discernible effect, but then just how do you discern effect? My brother took it for a couple years and decided it did nothing.

I still take a teaspoon of turmeric in my morning 'smoothie' along with several other plant extracts on the theory that they add variety to my diet, especially polyphenols I wouldn't get elsewise.

I also think I could probably stop taking any of them or all of them without effect...

It won't hurt you to try it, except for maybe the cost...

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    My father smoked Lucky Strike for years, then finally switched to filtered cigarettes probably in the late 60s. Seems like he always went for the cheaper ones, and I can recall Tareytons, Raleighs, and various other brands mentioned here. He even bought a roll-your-own-with-filters machine and used that for a while. He quit when ordered to by the Doctor when his heart disease was diagnosed. I returned from my first trip to Korea in 1976 and was surprised that he had quit. I started smoking in Junior High - cigars, and then a pipe, then cigarettes. I smoked Camels for a while, and then tried other brands of filtered cigarettes. I quit smoking before I joined the Army in 1973, started again in Basic, quit again after Basic and then promptly started again. The Army was not a friendly environment for non-smokers in the 70s and early 80s. I quit for good in 1976 when I got married. My wife, who agreed to quit at the same time with me, is probably still sneaking outside or into the garage for a smoke, thinking that I don't know.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Never smoked, but Lord, I got a bunch of it second hand. One of my favorite uncles smoked Kool anywhere and everywhere. Went on many fishing trips with him, getting smoked out, in his Pontiac Tempest towing a Glastron tri-hull.

Thread drift - I did learn how to roll a cigarette early in life though. We had a retired army guy on our street - Colonel Clark. Might have been in fifth grade and he invited me and another friend over to his house regularly for lunch - beans and rice - and showed us how to roll those cigarettes. Another thing I remember about him was telling us how the army would pour barrels of oil on ponds to kill the mosquitos. LOL - probably make people's heads explode now.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I take a lot of supplements and about 75% of the ones listed on this article. Some of these have multiple benefits (like Cinnamon) and some can cause you problems (like Cats Claw) so do the research on each one and then try them out one at a time so you can see if you are having benefits or reactions. If you start taking 3-4 at one time you will not know what is working for you.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Never smoked, but Lord, I got a bunch of it second hand. One of my favorite uncles smoked Kool anywhere and everywhere. Went on many fishing trips with him, getting smoked out, in his Pontiac Tempest towing a Glastron tri-hull.

Thread drift - I did learn how to roll a cigarette early in life though. We had a retired army guy on our street - Colonel Clark. Might have been in fifth grade and he invited me and another friend over to his house regularly for lunch - beans and rice - and showed us how to roll those cigarettes. Another thing I remember about him was telling us how the army would pour barrels of oil on ponds to kill the mosquitos. LOL - probably make people's heads explode now.
    My father was a Seabee in the Pacific Theater during WWII. The old oil (or diesel fuel) on the water trick to kill mosquitos was used widely there. He contracted malaria in the New Hebrides, and suffered from it until the day he died.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I started smoking in high school mostly everyone was smoking Marlboro, I wanted to be different, smoked Parliament's (I liked the box). Eventually I went with Marlboro. I quit a few years after I graduated over 50 years ago. Tip don't tell your doctor you smoked way back then because my chart says former smoker.
    I started smoking Menthol because everyone smoked Marlboros. When someone asked for a smoke I pull out them menthols & the would decline. I found Dunhill menthols & that was my thing for the longest time even with them being much higher priced. I figured that no one was leaching them so I could afford them. They became even stupidly higher price & harder to find. Camel Crack Blue menthols was what I smoked last.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    If you are old enough to remember Chesterfields, you're old enough to be having arthritis pain. Like the rest of us, I have quite a bit of joint pain these days. A friend recently told me about Tumeric Curcumin with black pepper. He says it works. Do any of you know about this?
    Your post is about joint pain, Chesterfield cigs is a point of reference as to age. Yes, Turmeric is a spice used for thousands of years for pain then they discovered the cause of certain pains was inflammatiion. The black pepper inclusion with it is to help it absorb into your system, otherwise it passes right on through and expelled. Most quality supplements will show that. We can buy turmeric as a spice at local grocer then put into a glass of water with pepper, which I've done in the past. Actually feels like a more hands on approach but ends up getting and trusting a third party supplement to take each day. Your mileage will vary.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    1d6e0661036c968775ec91bc7f6c0a0c.jpg

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Yep one of many different brands I smoked.

Top Bottom